Help In Recording Desktop

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I would like to be able to take a video of my application so i can show the progress that ive made.
I would rather not use my camcorder to do it, so....

Does anyone know of any free software that can record the desktop or single windows?
This would be for windows. I might be able do linux.
(This would then be uploaded to youtube, I dont have server capability)

Ill try Fraps, which I heard about for benchmarks. I didnt know it also recorded.
I have a backup plan also, I found a program called CamStudio which also is free and can record the desktop.
Thanks guys.

I use ZD Soft ScreenRecorder - it's the best one for me!
It's downloadable as shareware, and with that you can record 5min (when you buy it you'll have more options and unlimited recording time). Go for a try, it's worth ..... :)

stay cheesey

KingCheese said:
I use ZD Soft ScreenRecorder - it's the best one for me!
It's downloadable as shareware, and with that you can record 5min (when you buy it you'll have more options and unlimited recording time). Go for a try, it's worth ..... :)

stay cheesey
Ill give it a look.

I dont think Fraps is going to work for what i want. It appears to only work for fullscreen/accelerated games. Mine is just in a a window for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
BenScar said:
I've just had a play with that CamStudio, it's pretty good.
Even managed to get a full screen grab of my desktop for 30 seconds while only dropping a few frames (running at 1280*1024)
I think i might stick with Camstudio, the ZD Soft version looks good, but theres now way im throwing down $50 for it. CamStudio does what i need for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back