Help Getting Started

Dunny

Exophase Approved® Forum Troll
Website
www.zxspin.com
Hi all, hope I'm not making too much of plonker of myself - but I'm having trouble here.

I've followed the instructions in this pdf file:

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,45,2023

And I've followed it through until I got to the part about building for windows - and decided to try testing the sample SDL app (which displays the cb.bmp) under the target "GP2X" that I set up earlier.

It won't build, as there's a make error - "cannot find -lmingw32"

Any ideas what's going on here? There's no mingw32 file (other than in the mingw32 folder, which if I'm right is for windows, not gp2x). So why is it complaining about MinGW32, when I'm building for GP2X?

I've looked at the Wiki for code::blocks too, and that doesn't look any different to my setup :-(

Thanks,

D.

IIRC, you may not have the right compiler selected for the GP2X target or you are trying to link to mingw32 in the GP2X build target or shared root libraries.

2hftlzb.png

IIRC, you may not have the right compiler selected for the GP2X target or you are trying to link to mingw32 in the GP2X build target or shared root libraries.

I've fixed it for now - had to add in the mingw32 libs for the GP2X compiler... If I don't, I get the complaints about a missing mingw lib. I've hex-edited the executables produced, and MingW32 isn't actually linked in. It's a hack, but means I can develop for the 2x.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back