Help compiling a program?

Current sources are here: http://www.fractint.org/.

gcc is working on it here, but you have to edit the Makefile with appropriate settings, as it doesn't use autoconf.

I'll have a look at how much work it would be to package it up as pnd, but don't hold your breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically you need to edit prefix to point to /mnt/utmp/yourprogram, gcc to arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc, g++ to arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ etc... You get the idea.

Hm, when there's a working Debian build, it's probably easiest to just start from their patch?

Anyway - I'm using freamon's dev package on the Pandora itself, which doesn't provide Xft - so I have a version with ncurses frontend for now. You'll need to adjust paths to includes and libraries in the top level makefile. My main problem was that for some reason it barfs on the "islessequal" function in fpu087.c - using -Dislessequal=__builtin_islessequal in the CFLAGS works around that.

I'll cobble up a pnd, but it will probably be broken in several non-obvious ways.

I don't remember this having any interface OTHER THAN ncurses. What's Xft? Sorry, I'm not really a programmer. I wish I was, but I suck at math.

Basically you need to edit prefix to point to /mnt/utmp/yourprogram, gcc to arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc, g++ to arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++ etc... You get the idea.
I should have mentioned, I'm not crosscompiling, I'm compiling on PanDebian.

No dice. Odd error though:

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND         	: /media/2/pandora/menu/xfractint-ncurses.pnd

PND_FSTYPE  	: Squashfs

APPDATADIR  	: /media/2/pandora/appdata/xfractint-ncurses

APPDD_FSTYPE	: ext3

PND_CPUSPEED	: <unset>

EXENAME     	: scripts/xfractint.sh

ARGUMENTS   	: <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/xfractint-ncurses"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/2/pandora/appdata/xfractint-ncurses=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/xfractint-ncurses=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/xfractint-ncurses"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/xfractint.sh ) ----------

(Terminal:1316): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)

[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (scripts/xfractint.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/xfractint-ncurses': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

No dice. Odd error though:

Code:
(Terminal:1316): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)
I'll have a look at it tonight.

[edit] Ok, somehow it works on my dev SD card, but not when I boot the normal system. Working on it.

[edit II] Great, seems some paths are hardcoded into the binary, and when the original source directory doesn't exist, it dies.

Try downloading the updated version - works now at least on my system without the devtools.

mcobit - yeah, that's what I did. Just didn't show up as an error as long as the devtools pnd with my fake installation prefix path was still mounted...

Back