Hello and SMC card sizes?

redcup

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ello all.

A newbie here who has finally received my GP32 in the post today :D .

Unfortunately I ordered my 128mb SMC from somewhere that doesn't seem to be on the ball when it comes to delivering quickly :angry:

Obiously I need to use my new toy NOW.

So I am going to go into a shop (remember those?) and pay through the nose for an SMC to get me up and running.

I can get:
16MB for 5 pounds
32MB for 9 pounds
64MB for 19 pounds

What's the smallest "useful" size? I am guessing that 16MB is no real use to anyone.
I am inclined to think 32mb would be sufficient to tide me over for a couple of days?

Cheers

Steve

well if you've got a 128 meg on the way may as well pay 9 quid and get 32meg one. 16 meg is a bit too small for 3 quid difference.
Hardly worth getting the 64 meg whern you can get a 128 meg online including p&p for that.

be fine like i said may as well play 3 quid extra for double capacity shoould be able to easily fit some emulators on there and quite a few roms for each emu.. so long as they are snes ones.. most roms for all the playable systems max out at 512k. but say on average aroun 128k... most of the home brew stuff i wuold say is under a meg.

i only have a 64m card, but i get everything on i want to play.
i,ve done a few backups from my card and im happay with it.
but if you want to save mp3 or movies the cards´ to small

rich75 posted on Jul 21 2003 said:
but say on average aroun 128k... most of the home brew stuff i wuold say is under a meg.
Excellent.

I've now got my 32mb SMC - roll on 4:30 so I can go home and fight my way through the registration process. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord Namsu posted on Jul 21 2003 said:
isn't 64meg for 19 quid a bit much?! i got my 128 for £23
It's a lot too much! (Remember this is from a shop where you go in and walk out with the card).

I think I am paying about 18quid for my 128mb inc. P&P online.

9 pounds for 32mb isn't too much to pay to tide me over for a few days though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back