Headphone adapter

getting apple airbuds from the free-bin at work still seems like a rip off to me
Yeah, after all you need to factor in the cost of getting rid of them too - here around that's about $7*10^-5 per mL. Those headphones probably take around 4mL, I would estimate, so you pay around $2.8*10^-4. So it's a really bad, expensive deal.
And that's not even factoring in your 12GBP and the time you spent searching for an adapter!

THIS is why I've suggested that the Pyra have a 'switchable' headphone/mic jack and be able to do either standard. Just open up the settings menu, select audio port configuration, two options, done.

It's becoming more and more difficult to -find- headphones that follow 'standard' specs. Pretty much impossible to find a standard wired headset with mic.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/189523-final-soultion-why-most-headsets-wont-work.html

It's gone so far that other device makers (Samsung, HTC, etc.) have switched to being wired on the Apple non-standard.

So - I'm not sure what direction the Pyra team took on the headset jack, but I sure hope it's universal i.e. switchable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it arrived today, the cable is like 1 inch long, and I preferred that to no cable (as it would put more strain on the headphone port otherwise). I am at work now so can't test it, but will when I get home.

Interestingly (well, actually not that interesting) the order was due to be delivered on Monday, but ended up getting returned to sender, I spoke to Amazon Customer Service via a web chat (got through instantly, no waiting), they said sometimes labels get smudged or get separated from the item, so they just get returned. They then sent out another using express delivery (ordered it yesterday afternoon, arrived before 11 this morning), didn't charge me for the replacement (or the speedy shipping) and refunded the original shipping charge I paid. I thought that was pretty good support - a lot better than I expected from a big company like Amazon, so thumbs up to Amazon customer services.

Amazon normally does a good job at support.

They helped me a lot when a TV I ordered got sent to the wrong address three times.

Okay, so the cable works, no complaints at the moment! Also just received a Samsung EVO 64 SDXC card, hoping it'll work in the Pandora (I recall some talks about whether SDXC works or not, but can't remember the conclusion) will try tonight and find out.

Back