He-Man game

Well, it runs using openbor, which we already have on the Pandora.

So... throw datafiles on it and it should work ;)

Please do it ... I want it on my Pandora.

Please do the datafile throwing wizardry milkshake, "You Have Tha POWAAAH!"

I took the d/l to attempt get it running on my Mac, but wouldn't play it much on that, I'd much prefer it on Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I could have a try, our openbor is quite old so hopefully it will work, if not I'll have to ask someone to compile the latest version.

The current Pandora version is OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3742.

The up to date one is OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3979.

So, yep, got differences.

Could it be possible to compile it with the toolchain from codeblocks ?

We need to have some automatic building to have latest release of software (on Pandora and Pyra).

What do you think of that ?

@milkshake, Thanks :) I'll just keep an eye here for progress then and hopefully sometime get this onto my Pandora for some playtime 

I just tried and when it loads OpenBOR crashes and goes back to the desktop :( I believe we need an updated version 

sorry guys I tried all night to get it to work but failed, I even compiled a more up to date version of openbor on my old xcompiler mcobit helped me with but it didn't load any games.

I got further by repacking the he-man.pak file using the inbuild tools which turns all filenames to lower case.

I could load the game through to the menu's on my pc (ubuntu) but it crashed when loading a level.

maybe @mcobit or @ptitSeb could help here :D ,

I do know that before I repacked the he-man.pak I adjusted the data/video.txt to a valid mode because I was getting this before:

Invalid video mode: 960 in 'data/video.txt', supported modes:
0 - 320x240
1 - 480x272
2 - 640x480
3 - 720x480
4 - 800x480
5 - 800x600
6 - 960x540
Inside the data/video.txt the it was video 960xsomething else so I changed it to video 4 which got passed that bit

Thanks for the effort... get some well deserved sleep now... that's important.

Yeah thanks for putting time into trying it anyway. :)

I'll probably give the Android version a go on the phone just to see how good the game is

Changed build system by CMake to be more portable between Linux (Pandora/Pyra)

HE_scr02.png

And managed firrst to build it on X86 with all dependencies.

Have to check tomorrow if the compilation and the launch is OK on Pandora.

Will have to create the PND after with some help from ptitSeb probably.

Stay tuned !!

HE_scr01.png

I pm'ed ptitSeb and i think he was going to look at it anyway but 2 heads are better than one, cant wait :D

Back