Hd Recording (tv-in)

P

p00pty

I have read that the GP2X may work with powerd UBS devices, I was wondering if it was possible to build a TV-IN system that would allow you to connect your tv to the GP2X USB and use it to record live TV to the memory card in the console.

Looking on on ebay the are a number of small all in 1 camera/mp3/tv recorders out there and all very cheap.

p00pty posted on Oct 7 2005 at 09:50 AM said:
I have read that the GP2X may work with powerd UBS devices at I was wondering if it was possible to build a TV-IN system that would allow you to connect your tv to the GP2X USB and use it to record live TV to the memory card in the console.

Looking on on ebay the are a number of small all in 1 camera/mp3/tv recorders out there and all very cheap.
I think that would rely heavily on the 2X being USB "On-the-Go" compatible or certified or whatever; but according to the specs, it isn't. It may be possible, but speculation right now says no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those specs are old. The GP2X supports USB as a device and unpowered host.

The FAQ has the later info.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one of those USB video in things, and it really needs lot of cpu power.
i can record 320x240 with compressed video and sound but thats it, 640x480 is only possible uncompressed or i loose lots of frames.
and this on a 2,2 Ghz cpu.

Its to much, going from analog to digital and compressing it in real time! Thats just silly, unless you like DV formate, then I would give up.

What about simply displaying a TV signal? Would it be feasible to, say, convert a standard aerial signal into one the 2X could display. I realise this would be a bit of a long shot at best, but would be kind of cool :).

Back