Have You Got A Gp2x...?

Have you "got", are you "getting", or are you "thinking of getting" a

• Got

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting (Ordered)

• Thinking of getting

• Not getting (Why the hell are you on here, go...now)

• Total voters

got mine, using 2200mah digital innovatiions nimh batteries i get a few hours normal use to boot

I love mine, I will marry it when DrMD gets here :)

But, seriously, if you have never installed linux or been seriously into computers, you might want to hold off unless you can handle the crappy firmware.

I live for this kind of stuff, but the firmware is buggy.

When the firmware gets sorted out, this thing is going to be so popular.

I mean, Duke3d, proof of concept PSX emulation, all I can do is browse the menus in Tekken3, but they are awesome looking menus, I am thinking of putting a full ISO on my card just to watch the movies in that game :D

A NeoGeoCD emulator, that Metal Slug is so awesome I enjoyed just browsing through the artwork.

Quake already playable, Snes, Nes, and everything make this a great console even with bad firmware.

I'm one of those two (atm) freaks that voted not getting one :p
So why am I here? Probably cos I'm bored and I'm seeing if I might change my mind after all... only reason I don't intend to get one is because I intend to get a pocketpc and I doubt I'd be carrying around two gadgets so the GP2X would probably just end up sitting on a shelf...

I'm among those who are holding off for the promised ironing out... Hopefully, that'll include stuff like the vanishing headphone jacks, mucked up joysticks and all the other things that relate to the way the units are built, as well as the all important firmware and compatibility(!) polishing and upgrading. I'd rather have fixable firmware issues than permanent harware/casing issues...

trooper posted on Dec 4 2005 at 06:02 PM said:
Got one, But have only got crappy uniross 2300mah rechargable batteries, Which last all of mmmm... 10-20 minutes, And yes they fresh batteries from the packet, So i am stuck with using a power adaptor for the moment until i can get some better (read: Non uniross) batteries.

Trooper

My GP2x lasts somewhere around 3-4 hours using 2300 mah batts. I managed to watch two episodes of family guy, two simpsons, and misc time playing SNES games. I figure that's at least 3 hours ... then my screen started to get weird colors, wouldn't start up again. I then realized the batts were low and I had to put in a new set.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine's coming somewhere around "Q1 2006"...

i'm a happy "second edition-er..."

Back