Have You Ever Paid For One Of These

What if they give you a link to a site, and you have to singup for a 2-year expensive line or something. Then what.

as a naive teenager i paid for one of the links to free stuff auctions which advertised ibooks.

you get a link to a zip file that contains a link to some website named something like world trade as well as a lenghty document detailing how you should go about setting yourself up to appear like a reseller. you're instructed to write to various companies saying you're interested in selling their product, could you have a demo gift one please.

its all a load of perfectly legal but total bollocks

theres lots going around... Free PS2 Games, Free PSP, Free Plasma Screen TV's Etc Etc but as Spray said you need to send a message to the companies pretending to be a seller... Personally I think its Illegal / Fraud as you are pretending to be someone who you are not

It's also not allowed by ebay! Report the bastards that try it asap!

They try and scam. Simple as that. It's no different to stealing, as when someone pays £100 for a psp, then gets a link the seller knows that the buyer is expecting a real psp.

I once searched on the net, got a whole bunch of these 'links' and went around emailing the highest bidders on every link auction I could find, and gave them out free. The sellers were so pissed off. (i was bored!, maybe I am a geek after all...?).

One seller, adam something was REALLY angry! Tried to get really heavy with me, sent me so many emails. His link emails were massive texts saying all about the products, very long descriptions (pasted from official sites!), then right at the bottom a tiny "this is a link" line. Thing was, he then put up a *real* PSP for sale, and had in big letters everywhere saying "THIS IS NOT A LINK", which kinda killed his argument.

Anyway, the *real* PSP was a fake, he took over £250 of some poor kids money and buggered off. But the bastard comes back. I have seen several Adamsomethings selling links and fake stuff on ebay, only to be kicked off after not delivering. It's the same guy.

So, we have learnt two things, all adams are bastards, and that I am one sad, lonely vindictive man! Or maybe I was Charles Bronson in another life...

Probably

I like that lubidog i must congratulate you on a job well done! :D I think he should get a medal or somthing for going out of his way to scam the scammers. Well done!!!!

-Aldur

What you need to do IS -

make an account (so it doesnt effect your own) and Buy 1 or 2 off the Seller and leave the seller Negative feedback BUT in the comment bit, put the Links that they give you to the Websites in their feedback :D :D :D

That would realy Piss them off :p

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

They realy piss me off... I noticed some git sold a mobile phone for £130 but when you read the VERY bottom of the page (After looking at about 200 - 300+ lines of copy and pasted text about the phone and how good it is), in very small Text it says "You are bidding for a Link not an actual phone"

What the hell? People out there actually do that? that's fricken screwed up... I've never even heard of that before.

What you need to do IS -

make an account (so it doesnt effect your own) and Buy 1 or 2 off the Seller and leave the seller Negative feedback BUT in the comment bit, put the Links that they give you to the Websites in their feedback :D :D :D

They realy piss me off... I noticed some git sold a mobile phone for £130 but when you read the VERY bottom of the page (After looking at about 200 - 300+ lines of copy and pasted text about the phone and how good it is), in very small Text it says "You are bidding for a Link not an actual phone"
But then you´d gotta pay for the links :( ..

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need to do IS -

But then you´d gotta pay for the links :( ..

oh yea forgot about that... Well, Just look for the 99p ones then its not much money :D :D

If you can stand being hated and can tolerate 50 emails a day asking for money back followed by 50 more written in 'death threat red' then it's a great way to make money.

Think about it, you're making people pay for being ignorant or stupid. Ebay user policy states that anyone under the age of 18 should not be using the service so no minor is going to be exploited as long as the rules are followed. If people don't read auction info correctly then they should be punished so they know better next time, if it costs them 99p - £130 then so be it, it'll help them massively in future when they're doing more important stuff like signing mortage agreements etc.

Personally I wouldn't do it, I haven't the evil in me but at times I have been tempted, and hats off to the guys who have pulled it off, they may be arseholes but they're richer than me and if they're clever enough no one will ever really no who they are in person.

No, Twimfy. You are wrong. Joking aside stealing is never good!

What's the difference? Doing this on Ebay, or burgling someones house, after they've been stupid enough to leave a window open?

The other day, I left my keys outside my flat. There's a guy upstairs who sells pot. He rang my doorbell to give me my keys back! By your logic, he would have been justified in knicking all my gear, cos I was daft to leave the keys there....

Sorry, you are plain wrong! These are often parents bidding for kids, people unexpeiienced in online auctions. What a sad horrible world you seem to want to live in!

Now shut the fuck up!!!!

If you can stand being hated and can tolerate 50 emails a day asking for money back followed by 50 more written in 'death threat red' then it's a great way to make money.

Think about it, you're making people pay for being ignorant or stupid. Ebay user policy states that anyone under the age of 18 should not be using the service so no minor is going to be exploited as long as the rules are followed. If people don't read auction info correctly then they should be punished so they know better next time, if it costs them 99p - £130 then so be it, it'll help them massively in future when they're doing more important stuff like signing mortage agreements etc.

Personally I wouldn't do it, I haven't the evil in me but at times I have been tempted, and hats off to the guys who have pulled it off, they may be arseholes but they're richer than me and if they're clever enough no one will ever really no who they are in person.

I'm surprised you've even attempted to justify it. It's wrong, and saying that it will help them is bullshit. You don't know their situation; what if someone who is a little slow wanted to treat his son to a PSP, and spent £150?

The example is of course over-the-top but it could happen. You, or no-one else should be able to charge a 'stupid tax'.

I apologise.

You know I just wrote a huge paragraph as a reply to what you both said, but I've decided not to bother and just say 'yeah whatever' you're probably both right.
I never meant to say that people should be tryin to scam people, I just thought I'd shed a different light on the argument.

Man I'm getting addicted to getting people's backs up on this forum.

Well i, for one will love you if you get that sonic game finished

and ported to the gp32

I've made progress, almost everything is built and ready to go into the 1st level, just have to story board it and script it, annoyingly my forum is down for updates beyond my control so I can't show off anything new yet.

Back