Has Anyone Looked At Apple Lately?

i_am_a_noob posted on Sep 23 2006 at 10:13 PM said:
whats the necessity in all this? Don't Macs have the compatability of like Windows ME?
What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the necessity in all this? Don't Macs have the compatability of like Windows ME?

It may be a waste of money for home users, but such powerful machines are great for video/audio editing, CGI, special effects, etc. OS X definitely isn't lacking in software compatibility when it comes to those types of things.

Azalin posted on Sep 24 2006 at 02:04 AM said:
For some reason, the completely insane thought of having a mac as a gaming rig crossed my mind while reading that. But its passed now...
Wow :lol: you're not very versed on the subject are you.

Yeah, But wait until mid 2009 and we`ll have quad quad-core, But then wait until mid 2010 and we`ll have quad quad quad-core, And wait until... oooh I feel nauseous. :blink:

Trooper

TrickyPhillips posted on Sep 23 2006 at 11:17 PM said:

It may be a waste of money for home users, but such powerful machines are great for video/audio editing, CGI, special effects, etc. OS X definitely isn't lacking in software compatibility when it comes to those types of things.

Ya, but that still strikes me as over kill. But if your editing 10 hours of footage in one sitting it might be useful.

What, you've never played two seperate power-hungry 3D games at the same time in two windows on the desktop with different transparency settings whilst rendering a complex 3d scene in 3dsmax? ;)

Squidge posted on Sep 24 2006 at 11:09 PM said:
What, you've never played two seperate power-hungry 3D games at the same time in two windows on the desktop with different transparency settings whilst rendering a complex 3d scene in 3dsmax? ;)
I did, 10 minutes ago. Just after I ascended to a higher plain of existance, temporarily, so that I could use a decent Public Toilet.

Squidge posted on Sep 24 2006 at 05:09 PM said:

I can't say i have, but i can definitely see why i need too! (this is I_am_a_noob(if the eagle didn't give it away))

Vimacs posted on Sep 24 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
*slaps torpor with a pimpknob*

What did torpor do to deserve that? He didn't even post. ;)

Their compatibility level is just fine once you pick up on that they're just PCs now, and install a proper X86 OS like XP or Linux instead of the bloat-tastic and incompatible Mac OS X.

Vimacs posted on Sep 24 2006 at 11:16 AM said:
*slaps torpor with a pimpknob*

Ouch!!! What'd I do!!!! I'm still using a gimply ol' single-cpu powerbook, fer cryin' out loud .. its my girlfriend with the new sexy dual-core macbook, sheesh .. and don't go near her with your pimp-knob, or i'll activate its self-destruct sequence!

Epicenter posted on Sep 25 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
Their compatibility level is just fine once you pick up on that they're just PCs now, and install a proper X86 OS like XP or Linux instead of the bloat-tastic and incompatible Mac OS X.

does windows support 2 processors and three pci-e?

Back