Happy

Destructo2000

Website
Visit site
As you may or may not know, I got my GP2X for christmas and I have been very pleased with it so far; I take it almost everywhere. For the first week or two I was frantically downloading game after game and rom after rom. Then things began to settle down. There hadn't really been anything all that amzing except for maybe the Descent port since then, but now I am happy. I'm happy to hear that Zottd is working on the Dynarec for GBA and that the 3DO port was finally started. Plus, we just got Sega CD support, and since I mostly enjoy emulation, this is a grand time indeed. I do enjoy homebrew though, spending a lot of my time playing Noiz2sa and Spout. Now don't get me wrong, you guys have made a bunch of cool stuff since Christmas, but it seems like now there is a spike in the whole awesome factor. Now rapidrcaoon is being worked on again, though I don't really know if they ever stopped, and I have been anticipating an alpha or beta for a while now. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, SNES emulation got even better too. :D

Yeah that rapiracoon looks so great and i am glad they are still working on it. Noiz2sa is even better than it used to be running more smoother and everything...and spout I still come and play every now and then cuz its so addicting..

I guess my attention span is a lot longer than ppl tell me!

I got my gp2x June of 2006 and am still having fun with it. Playing emulated games on a portable handheld gives me time to play games I used to play a lot and ones that I never bothered with. Hell, I can spend a year locked up in prison with just mame, nes, and frodo and not get bored! Throw in drmd and then give me another year in the slammer!

The fact that snes and other emulators aren't quite perfect yet keeps me coming back to gp2x sites for updates. but the solid ones like drmd just gives you time to really play.

Fat Agnus posted on Mar 4 2007 at 05:54 PM said:
I guess my attention span is a lot longer than ppl tell me!

I got my gp2x June of 2006 and am still having fun with it. Playing emulated games on a portable handheld gives me time to play games I used to play a lot and ones that I never bothered with. Hell, I can spend a year locked up in prison with just mame, nes, and frodo and not get bored! Throw in drmd and then give me another year in the slammer!

The fact that snes and other emulators aren't quite perfect yet keeps me coming back to gp2x sites for updates. but the solid ones like drmd just gives you time to really play.
I have busy periods and sell my GP2X, I am going to be getting my fourth one soon. I didn't realize it was so many. Anyway, this time round there is finally a Descent port (I pre-ordered my first one, had to wait 2 months for it too, Fall 05).

I must be a hardware guy because I built a Serial cable and a USB cable from scratch. This time round I am going to rig a 3rd AA to the back and see if I get more than 50% added play-time. It likely will because the 2X will drain 3 cells more fully and slower, better for the batteries and the 2X :). And Squidge confirms less total enery loss to the DC-DC converter (it does its job with less power lost through it), so that energy will go into the play-time :).

I also have the hankering to try a D-Pad mod, I bought an ebay MK1 so it would seem to be a necessity. And I did finally activate the Wifi in my router, so I could get a Wifi stick and try that.

Never mind that, I just found out that portable screens on ebay can be had for $30, so I want a 5" GP2X with all the BoB functionality built in ;), see benheck.com for details on what I have in mind. Although technically I will be making a portable less portable. I should make up for it by building a bulge-less backed GP2X with a li-ion 3.6 volt power pack :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, remember to tell us about when you get your wifi stick and if it works or not. That would be so cool, man. WiFi on the GP2X!

Shifty posted on Mar 5 2007 at 09:33 AM said:
Hey, remember to tell us about when you get your wifi stick and if it works or not. That would be so cool, man. WiFi on the GP2X!
Mmm, we already have wi fi working, but it doesn't worth th trouble because of the lack of suitable input, the need to use specific wi fi sticks + the need for a powered ext to usb\ powered bob. I guess nubie knows all this, but he only wishes to try it himseelf.

sehs33 posted on Mar 4 2007 at 11:15 PM said:
Shifty posted on Mar 5 2007 at 09:33 AM said:
Mmm, we already have wi fi working, but it doesn't worth th trouble because of the lack of suitable input, the need to use specific wi fi sticks + the need for a powered ext to usb\ powered bob. I guess nubie knows all this, but he only wishes to try it himseelf.
Right. It does work and I will be following the great how-to's already on here.

I just want to do it portable, and battery-powered all the way, just to see how close it can really come to handheld wireless web-surfing. Something like 3xAA and 4xAAA and a USB to EXT I have already made, see the FAQ section. (Maybe inside, like the Digg hack, but with a Proper USB termination circuit from digikey.com)

Back