Guitars On Fire

crow_riot

Hey,

I just did another port. This time it's Guitars On Fire previously available for Nintendo Wii, which lets you play Frets On Fire songs.

I've implemented a Wiz OpenGL/ES renderer, removed multiplayer game modes and resized some of the graphics (which otherwise couldn't be loaded onto the Wiz GPU). Sadly some screens really suffer from the screen and the font texture reduction.

I've not tried many songs, but i recommend to play slow songs with few notes played at the same time, otherwise it's almost impossible to hit them and the framerate drops down to a slideshow, too :)

Get the binary here, and the source is here.

yes i thought about touchscreen, too (but without multitouch it doesnt make too much sense?) i'll check what i can do about that, though. volume controls using the volume buttons are also not yet done - but thank for testing :)

Agreed, without multi touch there's not much use in even implementing touchscreen at all. Unless you can use the screen and the buttons at the same time but that sounds kind of akward. Still a fun game though!

found some oddity with the wiz opengl library. drawing too much with blending enabled causes stuff to disappear. i've fixed that, also improved drawing performance with caching vertex colors, it's not a slideshow anymore now also when a lot is going on on the screen.

i'm thinking about a different control mechanism that uses the touchscreen, but need to figure out how it could work exactly ...

updating it soon :)

Back