Guess It'll Be Years Before I Get To Be A Real Game Park Customer

orthicviper

Still Fresh
i've been wanting to be own some game park hardware for a while now. i finally got my first GP hardware, a Wiz, today. i was nervous about buying it at first, because of people saying the OLEDs wouldn't last long, but i figured people were probably exaggerating it anyway. i got mine, and the down button felt like it needed some wd-40, and the downward diagonals were awful to get right, making gameplay difficult. i consider this a bad sign, so i've set up an RMA on it. i am sad about this, but at least i'll have money for the 3ds if nintendo releases it this year. i hope one day GP will go back to OLED though, but by then maybe they will be a serious game development company and too busy making their own own games to worry about emulated games anymore D;

orthicviper said:
i've been wanting to be own some game park hardware for a while now. i finally got my first GP hardware, a Wiz, today. i was nervous about buying it at first, because of people saying the OLEDs wouldn't last long, but i figured people were probably exaggerating it anyway. i got mine, and the down button felt like it needed some wd-40, and the downward diagonals were awful to get right, making gameplay difficult. i consider this a bad sign, so i've set up an RMA on it. i am sad about this, but at least i'll have money for the 3ds if nintendo releases it this year. i hope one day GP will go back to OLED though, but by then maybe they will be a serious game development company and too busy making their own own games to worry about emulated games anymore D;

ah you know that the caanoo has replaced the wiz and was basically just released?

Last edited by a moderator:
orthicviper said:
I believe there's a mod that DaveC uploaded to the archive that makes diagonals much better, it doesn't look too hard to do either. You've only had it for one day.... at least give it a short break in period. The controls may get more responsive the more you use it.
BTW, the 3DS is scheduled to be released this year but only in Japan. The rest of us will have to wait till 2011.

orthicviper said:

The quarter-circle moves in street fighter and such are somewhat difficult to do, but I'm not sure about diagonals in general. I never had a problem with diagonals on the wiz outside of special moves. Perhaps you just got a faulty unit. Also, the Caanoo has replaced the Wiz, and the Wiz is no longer being produced. You might want to take a look at the caanoo. And as for GPH being a successful game developer... Gamepark, the company they split from, went bankrupt due to their failure at producing games and such - So I doubt they'd try to change their business model now. I've also heard good things about the Controls on the Dingoo, for which there is also a subforum here.

Back