Gta: San Andreas Accolades

T

TelcoLou

My wife bought me this game the other day. I don't really like the whole 'gangsta' culture; be it music, manner of speech, dress, etc. , but I am a fan of the GTA games.

Holy fucking shit, this game rocks!

I thought I've seen it all, having been a gamer since I played my first game of Tandy Pong back in 1977. I was wrong.

I nearly wet my pants from laughing after I 'jacked' a hot dog truck (yes, it looked like the Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile), and tried to drive it uphill, all the while aiming for pedestrians. Its lack of power and acceleration, coupled with the hotdog man still inside just added to the comedy.

I've been wanted like a dozen times now (each time, I evaded 5-O, unlike on that lame COPS show ;) ), found a chainsaw, killed countless innocent people, beat up the counter guy in the chicken place (after he made my order, of course), got tattooed, jumped over a moving truck on a bicycle, all while completing only 2 missions.

I love my wife :wub:

Same here, Hurry up with the damn XBOX port rockstar!

i am getting fed up with Umberto in Vice city, that f***in mission is a pain in the ASS.. passed the speed boat challenge and juju scramble then i got an error saying disk may be dirty or scratched.. bah :D

i sold my ps2 to get a pstwo but cant get them anywhere :( pre ordered one at blockbuster tho coz they said i should get one by end of month. then i will play gta sa :D

Same here, Hurry up with the damn XBOX port rockstar!

i am getting fed up with Umberto in Vice city, that f***in mission is a pain in the ASS.. passed the speed boat challenge and juju scramble then i got an error saying disk may be dirty or scratched.. bah :D

We will probably need to wait a year for the Xbox version. That is ok there are plenty of other games out now. The thing is if there is an Xbox version it will have better graphics, draw distance, lighting, load times etc. so it should be worth the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will probably need to wait a year for  an Xbox version it will have better graphics, draw distance, lighting, load times etc.

If they make the effort - unlike Vice City on the Xbox. Saying that though GTA: SA is still a blinding game in it's present form so even a direct port would be worth snapping up immediately.

We will probably need to wait a year for  an Xbox version it will have better graphics, draw distance, lighting, load times etc.

If they make the effort - unlike Vice City on the Xbox. Saying that though GTA: SA is still a blinding game in it's present form so even a direct port would be worth snapping up immediately.

But all that was done in Vice City (along with introducing some bugs however). I'm also waiting on the Xbox version specifically for a better framerate and custom soundtracks.

Back