Great Day To Be Irish :(

sataniC Virus said:
Nothing more needs to be said .......
The company I work for is based out of Ireland :(
(although that may have only been for tax purposes, I still foresee the future causing them (and indirectly, me) problems)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jourdy288 said:
I'm sorry, what's occurring?
I don't know if he was refering either :
- companies taxes increases (where google warned that companies might fly away, tus leaving even less job)
- the multi-billions euros deal Ireland got signed with Europ (where Ireland get billions from Europ for near nothing).
But the smiley let me think he was refering the first....

Last edited by a moderator:
Their economy is tanking like Iceland's did. Bailout or no bailout, it's still going to be rough with no major exports.

The economy's not too bad. It's the banks that are failing. But the bank's are owned by the government so it amounts to the same thing.

So does this all mean it'll be cheaper to go on holiday to Ireland now (Woo :) ), or am I now more likely to get bombed/shot if I go over there (Boo :( )?

I wonder why the irish people are so upset to the gouvernment. They should be upset to the Banks that made all the mess.
But actualy they can be happy that the EU pays the bills (at the Moment). So I think Ireland is save. Other side is, we (germany) pay again the most of the Money (up to 1/3) if they can't pay back what was borrowed as Endorsements.

I wish that only the Banks itself would start and pay for their overal inabilities. :(

Back