Graphic tile editors

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
I was going to try edit some graphic tiles in the NES rom Super Mario Bros to try it out, but with all the graphic tile extraction/inserting tools I could get my hands on so far, none seem to work and I wish I could find one that did.. :(

I have Windows XP on my computer, if that's helpful information on why I cant get it working.. <_<

Hey I'm drunk so if this makes no scence then that a good thing. I know thre are ways to hack regular nes roms and change the graphics them save the, I have seen tons of hacked versions of mario floating around so if you can figure out how to hack th rom then save it in a standard format that can be played in nester or nistical on the pc I see no reson why it shouldn't work on the gp32 nes emulators. Little Jon still blows my mind. I would have to say that it is probably the most compleate nes emu for the go32 so. Hack the hell out of some roms to a playable state on the pc then try them out on the gp32 you might be supprozed at what is possible.

PS. This is my last post of the night but remember if I can think of this site on one of those nights it will happen again and you know you love it so take off your pants or somthing!

Er, I know there are lots of hacked Mario roms but i dunno which tool's the best for being able to edit the graphic tiles.. i've tried quite a few and they dont seem to work (or at least on my comptuer unless i'm doing something wrong as usual)

Any help?

angrypants posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
Hey I'm drunk so if this ...
I hate it when people say they are drunk, especially kids.
Not because I think its wrong, but cos 99% of the time, they are not pissed at all. They've usually had just one or two... if you were reall drunk, you probably wouldnt be able to say that you are drunk, nevermind type it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can use nesticle to edit the graphics tiles in nes roms. Just grab it at zophar.net and read the readme that comes with it.

There is also a tool at zophar that will let you make your own levels for mario, its really cool.

orangemapped posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
angrypants posted on Jul 15 2003 said:
Hey I'm drunk so if this ...
I hate it when people say they are drunk, especially kids.
Not because I think its wrong, but cos 99% of the time, they are not pissed at all. They've usually had just one or two... if you were reall drunk, you probably wouldnt be able to say that you are drunk, nevermind type it. :p
Yeah, the natural drunken state is to say the opposite of what's really happenin'
e.g Sober man:"you're drunk"
Pissed man :"no imsh nots yooo are driunkl.

Sure it does. Although i dont use it, ive used it before on xp. Maybe try changing the compatability mode? (right click the exe and goto properties then compatability then run in compat... then win 95, then blah blah ok...)

Sure it does. Although i dont use it, ive used it before on xp. Maybe try changing the compatability mode? (right click the exe and goto properties then compatability then run in compat... then win 95, then blah blah ok...)

tried.. dont seem to work.. :(

In the facelifting section of www.zophar.net you'll find a lot of level editors for mario...

And in the General Utilities section a tile editor for roms, don't know if that'll work and if it's easy to use.

GP32 Kirby posted on Jul 16 2003 said:

tried.. dont seem to work.. :(
Try Abandon Loader. There's not much that this won't run. Just run a search for it.

Cant get Tile Layer working..

I did get Nesticle 0.42 working though, but that seems to be the only thing I got working right..

Back