GP32 Tile Engine

JDUK

Website
Visit site
OK i followed Rico's tuts to build a tile engine. using the random tile display it shows the tiles from my tile strip fine all in random order. The problem comes when i try to get my Mappy maps to work with it it just comes out garbled, the tiles look fine but they're not in the right places (not even close). Ive tried the one i did following the tutorial through, ive made one from scratch and downloaded the tut2 file and copy/pasted needed the Tut3 stuff into the file and still the same garbled mess.

My sprites are all comming off tile strips made in the same way and they look and animate fine its just my backgrouds done with the tutorial and Mappy are a mess. Iv'e tried multiple maps with multiple tilesets and non work. :(

Could any one send me a working tile engine so that i can pin the problem down to either me doing somthing very wrong in my code or Mappy ?

Thanks

The tiles in mappy are 90degrees, so do map[x][y] = mapdata[y][x]; in you map reading loop, but make sure your map is as high as its wide.

Back