Grafx2 (svn 464) (beta)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Grafx2 is a bitmap paint program that allows you to draw in more than 60 video resolutions (from 320x200 to 1024x768, including most of the standard Amiga resolutions : 320x256, 320x512, 640x256, 640x512, etc...).

sshot_svn240.gif

Please report bugs to the authors, as they want to improve their application.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/grafx2/
Alternative Download: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,2722

Not sure if the authors read this site, but if so, I'd love to see a Maemo port of this. It seems like a good fit for N-series tablets. :)

Nice, another promising Paint programm for the GP2X. I will give it a try, it really sounds interesting. :)
I always searched for a useful Pixel drawing programm for the GP2X which is not that easy to find. The other programms are not that great, maybe because I only have a F100 without Touchscreen but I think it still is possible to draw with the stick, pixel-for-pixel. ^_^

(Such a programm would be indeed a good piece of Software for the Pandora too ;) )

EDIT: After just 10 Seconds of usage I've seen, this program has the same issues like the other GP2X drawing programs :( : The Cursor is MUCH to slow, especialy into the menus, I haven't found a way to accelerate this thing, same for movement of the entire picture.
Is there a Grid or something? More than one Zoom Level would be aslo useful.
Oh, it also hangs up when quiting.

After I'm exhausted in playing on games. I'll give this a whirl and see what cool images I can produce on it. :)

I was one of the first to comment on this when it appeared on the archive, but I never really tried it out until tonight.
It won't work on my F-100 running firmware "2.1.2" for some reason. When I run it the program runs, displays a splashscreen. I press any button to get rid of it.
After that, no buttons work anymore. I can't move the cursor with the joystick, and I try all the other buttons too.
B, Y, X, A, L, R, Select, Start, Vol-, Vol+.. No reaction from any of them and I have to turn the unit off.
:(

Burbruee posted on May 24 2009 at 12:37 AM said:
I was one of the first to comment on this when it appeared on the archive, but I never really tried it out until tonight.
It won't work on my F-100 running firmware "2.1.2" for some reason. When I run it the program runs, displays a splashscreen. I press any button to get rid of it.
After that, no buttons work anymore. I can't move the cursor with the joystick, and I try all the other buttons too.
B, Y, X, A, L, R, Select, Start, Vol-, Vol+.. No reaction from any of them and I have to turn the unit off.
:(
I have the same issue on my GP2X-F200 running FW 4.0.0. The touchscreen is unresponsive too. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back