Gpx2 Hardware Ideas

echidna

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
With all the suggestions running out of all the minds, i think it's important to remind what makes this device interesting:
- good quality hardware
- low price
- homebrew developpement possibility
- very dynamic community (devs and user) who gives very good feedback about it.

so as the new console to come is, like the previous one, homebrew-oriented, it would nice to keep in the GP32's tail but make it better.

USB host is the less what people are waiting for.
Dual CPUs are ok as long as they are easy to program.
RAM 64 Mb : the bigger, the better.
sound CPU which could be easy enough to code would make games even better.
ext PORTs are ok as long as they, like USB, allow us to play and create whatever we want.

plus, the less useless devices will set, the lower the price will be, the bigger market you will reach. And for requesters, the earliest they will be able to set a hardware configuration: so make it stable faster,so start the production earlier, so be on time. :)

To GPX2 Admin and the homebrew site Admin

To have a better feedback and what is the best for this console to come, wouldn't it be better creating a page with a poll where everybody could just go and put a mark on what components they wish they had within the device?
Striking together would make everything easier for them and more satisfying for us.

here is the post i drop on their site.

I just about understood that although there is nothing there that hasn't been said before or moot points.

:lol: it reads like those manuals that get translated with a pc-program :D While it makes sense at some points, it doesn`t make sense overall :D

yeah... you can make fun of me. i'm ok with that.

Whatever, my question is: can anyone make something to group all the demands or wishes concerning GPX2 hardware? like a table or whatever...

in french:
il n'y aurait pas qqun pour coder une page ou regrouper toutes le demandes ou souhaits concernant le hardware de la GPX2? comme un tableau ou n'importe quoi...

Il n'en manque plus beacoup pour me rendre insultant...

echidna, not trying to be rude, but Gamepark Holdings know all that stuff, and they have made most of the decisions already - see the FAQ on the gpx2 site.

There is little we are going to be able to do now except sit back and wait.

The major advance that the community has made is increasing the RAM, and the final version of the gpx2 will probably also have a different plug layout (ext, usb etc) and possibly different volume control, but there is no firm word on that.

Do you mean to create a table with every suggestion for the gpx2? What would that achieve? :huh:

it would stop the message flood. i noticed that at the beginning they were answering. But not anymore. i let guess why
I even wonder if they are still reading it.

Pea is right, at this point the only thing left to influence is the name. It's getting too late in the game for much else other than the things they'll decide on their own in boardroom meetings.

I'm sure most of your suggestions are likely along the lines of what they're thinking though, within the ideal price range they're aiming to sell it for.

What are they going to do after these 2 consoles? a few years down the line.. they will be in trouble perhaps? they will definatly at least need a good 3D chip to keep up with the competitors.. or not, then what will they do about the commercial games? :(

i just hope that its still possible to set the USB to host mode like with the gp32.
that would be very usefull

The only thing I would suggest is to be able to use a standard usb cable. I have enough damn cables around. I would also prefer It if the GPnextgen was powered by the USB while it was plugged in. Save me another cable. I know that would not win any prizes, but would give me a little sanity

Back