Gpwar1.7

0-bake

hi,

i just downloaded the 3 archives from gbax2004e compo and i'm not sure, what to do with it. what is the difference between the archives? there are many duplicate files in the 3 archives...should i overwrite them? whats the sence of making 3 archives?
should i extract them in one folder and overwrite the duplicates?
first i thought, it's a multi file archive, but it seems to be 3 individual archives....

thx

i believe they've been broken down into three files in order to save on space.

just download all three to the same folder, extract part one, the other two will be automatically extracted. you can then delete all three .rar files.

Yup, what spray said. It's so 56kers don't have to download one huge file. The single rar file's been split into 3 so they can download 1 at at time. Just have them all in the same directory and extract any one of them. That's it. You can delete the rar files then.

yes, prob solved.
i use a new zip-file-suite and it extracted all 3 archives automatically, so i didn't recognized....
stupid mistake, but thx anyway....

I have one suggestion. Could it be possible that you put all resource files into one or only a few big files like e.g. resource1.pak or something like that ? Because of dozens of small files it takes ages to upload the game to SMC via PC-link :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be possible that you put all resource files into one or only a few big files like e.g. resource1.pak or something like that ? Because of dozens of small files it takes ages to upload the game to SMC via PC-link

i've lost the source of gp32war when my hard drive broke so i cannt do that :( maybe i'll rewrite totally the game one time...
i wait for your intros doberman ! mail me when theyre ready !

Back