Sound teared
Displayed FPS around 40~45

With Ramhack:
Sound not teared
Displayed FPS around 51~57

Related topic with settings for RAM hack to use in CPU/LCD-Tweaker
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...968&hl=gpsp

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new version made by notaz, grab it here.
I don't know if it's faster, but it has some features I've been missing in the old version.

I've noticed a bug in the notaz release: The savestates doesn't work properly, tested it with "Advanced Wars 2" and never get the same result when loading (sometimes it loads the savestate from slot 1 when I choose slot 0 or it crashes when trying to load a savestate...). Maybe someone could look on it since I'm no programmer... :(

QuasaR said:
There's a new version made by notaz, grab it here.

It is on archive since 02/04/2008

QuasaR said:
I've noticed a bug in the notaz release: The savestates doesn't work properly, tested it with "Advanced Wars 2" and never get the same result when loading (sometimes it loads the savestate from slot 1 when I choose slot 0 or it crashes when trying to load a savestate...). Maybe someone could look on it since I'm no programmer... :(
Try different rom or different region eur<-->usa. You also can try to patch rom savetype.

Are these the same settings gmenu2x uses?

...must be similar - has the same effect getting pretty much same fps on/off

has anyone got simcity working in this emulator? I always get crashes back to bios splash screen,

mju said:
Are these the same settings gmenu2x uses?

...must be similar - has the same effect getting pretty much same fps on/off

has anyone got simcity working in this emulator? I always get crashes back to bios splash screen,
I tried to use ramhack with gmeu2x and it didn't seem to effect my fps either. Was trying the first crash bandicoot game for gba in the first area.

I haven't tried simcity but there are a fair amount of gba games that just don't work with this emu. The ones that work usually work well but others like Iridion II, final fight one, river city ransom, pretty much don't load at all.

I used standart frontend, not Gmenu. Maybe Gmenu affects ram settings.

The crappy front end just overrides the settings given so..

But yeah, omg better RAM timings makes it faster? Who'd have thought? ;P

Exophase said:
The crappy front end just overrides the settings given so..

But yeah, omg better RAM timings makes it faster? Who'd have thought? ;P
hey i've got an idea maybe it should start to be included as an option in emulators, oh wait... all the others do :p :p

The thing with the "wrong savestates" was in the earlier versions (befor eNotaz) aswell.
I had a quick (very very quick) look over it but didn't find something obvious.

Back