GPSP savestate load error

gotwake424

Does anyone else get loading errors when trying to load a savestate in a GBA game where it will freeze the pandora completely?

I've not seen that one, but I do get a lot of savestates in Metroid Zero Mission which when loaded completely disable all the sound in the game...

D.

That's probably because you are loading a state from previous ginged version, I unintentionally messed up the save format so it won't work.

Was that to me or the OP, notaz? Mine were all saved with the same version of GPSP - the newest Pandora-specific version. When it happens again, I can send you a copy of the save file if you'd like?

D.

no, i started the game on the newest version notaz and the savestate is from the newest version too?

Otherwise thank you and Exophase for the port

I still have that issue with Up binding to Menu by default. Deleting my config file didn't help.

If someone can come up with a consistent way of making a bad savestate I could look at it, just having a broken savestate might not be enough.

I still have that issue with Up binding to Menu by default. Deleting my config file didn't help.
I have no idea why you get that, do you use custom keymap (xmodmap stuff) or something? What is default key config looking like (in the emu menu)?

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone can come up with a consistent way of making a bad savestate I could look at it, just having a broken savestate might not be enough.

I have no idea why you get that, do you use custom keymap (xmodmap stuff) or something? What is default key config looking like (in the emu menu)?

I changed the config from within the menu itself. I've got, in theory, a standard D-Pad, 1/2 for saving/loading states, 3 for framerate, 4 for fastforward, and the face buttons as both regular and turbo.

I figured it out notaz, If you are playing a game and have fast forward on and save it while its on, you have to start then game then enable fastforward then load your save state otherwise it will crash

Back