gpSP android port?

bropesda

Still Fresh
I was just curious if you (Exophase) have considered / plan to release an android version of gpSP in the future? I am aware of emulators based on gpSP like gameboid but it would be great if there was an 'official' version released by yourself. I'm sure many people would be happy to see it as would I.

gpSP's code is very old for me, and a lot of the code in DraStic is doing similar stuff but better, that makes it very hard to go back to it.. I was still trying to improve gpSP up to 2008 but found it impossible to make myself work on the code anymore.

From everything I've heard, other emulators on Android like MyBoy! have superseded gpSP in every way that matters. I don't know how they compare in terms of efficiency, if they're as fast (or faster). But it's fairly moot since few phones require that kind of performance for GBA emulation, they're not 200MHz ARM9s like GP2X. gpSP likely has worse compatibility and fewer features than most of them, not to mention pretty broken cheat support.

Also, I really have nothing to offer for an Android port of an open source emulator. I have zero experience with Android-specific code. In DraStic all of that is done by Lordus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get some requests to do libretro/RetroArch port as I did pandora and some GPH ports, but couldn't get myself do it either.

Back