GPnese v0.1 beta Released!

Makenai

I am releasing the first public version of my Japanese <=> English dictionary for the GamePark today. It comes packed with 68k+ words courtesy of the EDICT project. Not sure how many GP32 owners could possibly be interested in this.. but here it is anyhow :)

shot2.png

For more info and downloads, see http://www.makenai.net/gpnese/

Makenai,

I got the message "Error number 2" when I tried to load it up. What happened?

--Jason :unsure:

Oops. I knew I should have gone through and added more descriptive error messages. Did you create a GPNESE folder under GPMM and copy edictprv and edictprv.jdx into it? It looks as if it can't locate the 'edictprv' file which contains all of the dictionary data.

Please let me know if you have done this and it still give you the error message (or a different one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I did create the required directories. However, GP32 wouldn't let me copy the edictprv file to the SMC. I kept getting a message saying that I had to have a three letter extension for that file. So, I renamed it "edictprv.jpn". Then I put both "edictprv.jpn" and "edictprv.jdx" into the gpnese folder.

Did renaming the file cause the problem?

--Jason

Hi,

I did create the required directories. However, GP32 wouldn't let me copy the edictprv file to the SMC. I kept getting a message saying that I had to have a three letter extension for that file. So, I renamed it "edictprv.jpn". Then I put both "edictprv.jpn" and "edictprv.jdx" into the gpnese folder.

Did renaming the file cause the problem?

--Jason
Oops! You are absolutely correct. The file with no extension wouldn't transfer correctly over PC-Link (worked fine with a card reader though). Please download the fixed version of the .FXE file here: http://www.makenai.net/gpnese/gpnese-fix.zip and rename your edictprv to edictprv.dic - I have updated the site to reflect this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and please let me know if you have any more problems. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Makenai,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got a chance to try your updated version of GPnese and it works great! Thanks for your help!

--Jason ;)

Back