Gpcinima Linux Mencoder Video Encoding = Grrrrr!!!

angrypants

GP OG
Has anyone at all been able to get mencoder or any other way of encoding a video to work correctly in gpcinima under linux. Whenever I encode somthing with mencoder it seems to be set up correctly but won't open in gp cinima. gp cinima was one of the things I was really looking forward to on my new gp and encoding for it is starting to bother me. I found a really old example on here but it dosn't seem to work at all.

Has anyone at all been able to get mencoder or any other way of encoding a video to work correctly in gpcinima under linux. Whenever I encode somthing with mencoder it seems to be set up correctly but won't open in gp cinima. gp cinima was one of the things I was really looking forward to on my new gp and encoding for it is starting to bother me. I found a really old example on here but it dosn't seem to work at all.
I got this working:
"
Pass 1:
mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -alang English -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=10:mode=3:aq=0 -af volume=8:sc -ovc xvid -xvidencopts :bitrate=130:pass=1 -vf pp=de,eq2=1.0:1.5:0.1:1.4,crop=716:410:2:82,scale=320:-2 -ofps 10 -srate 11025 -o "/dev/null"

Pass 2:
mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -alang English -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=10:mode=3:aq=0 -af volume=8:sc -ovc xvid -xvidencopts :bitrate=130:pass=2 -vf pp=de,eq2=1.0:1.5:0.1:1.4,crop=716:410:2:82,scale=320:-2 -ofps 10 -srate 11025 -o "/root/indy3.avi"
"

However some people said this hangs their gpcinema! Probably down to different mencoder versions. Unfortunately I don't know which I used since I did this a year ago.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this working:
"
Pass 1:
mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -alang English -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=10:mode=3:aq=0 -af volume=8:sc -ovc xvid -xvidencopts :bitrate=130:pass=1 -vf pp=de,eq2=1.0:1.5:0.1:1.4,crop=716:410:2:82,scale=320:-2 -ofps 10 -srate 11025 -o "/dev/null"

Pass 2:
mencoder dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -alang English -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=10:mode=3:aq=0 -af volume=8:sc -ovc xvid -xvidencopts :bitrate=130:pass=2 -vf pp=de,eq2=1.0:1.5:0.1:1.4,crop=716:410:2:82,scale=320:-2 -ofps 10 -srate 11025 -o "/root/indy3.avi"
"

However some people said this hangs their gpcinema! Probably down to different mencoder versions. Unfortunately I don't know which I used since I did this a year ago.

Thanks,

Mark
that are really long commands lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhhh linux people!!! lol

i need to talk with soemone with linux!!

im having problems installing it.....

i have to make a unpartitioned space for linux and i just cant...

my comp came with strange partitions that cannot be changed cos the programs i use say the partitions are invalid... its really anoying.

have anyone encounterd this b 4???

also what is a good live version of linux that just runs from a CD??

i have tryed running Morphix from the cd, but my monitor dus not like the rasolution it uses and it looks fuzzy :(

this is what the win XP partition manager displays...

http://www.radio-keef.com/partition.JPG

Knoppix is the best known linux live cd out right now, most other live cd's are based off of this. I'm at work right now and havn't done this myself but I know that knoppix will allow you to resize an ntfs partition. It looks like you have a lot of free harddrive space so it should be possible to free up a few gigs of space to get things going. Search google for instructions on resizing a windows partition with knoppix.

foft thanks for your reply, after searching that was the only thing that I could find that would really stear me in the right direction. I have been trying to usethe commands that you posted but so far havn't had any luck. Where those commands posted for gpcinima or are they for movie park? I will keep trying to mess around with frame rates, bitrates and stuff and hopfully I'll get it going soon.

hmm i have run Knoppix live off the cd and i get the same resolution and fuzzy ness of the screen :s

do you know how i can fix this?

Back