Gp3x - The "wiz"?

Well if you really needed to, placing the Pandora vertically and using a usb controller would suffice.

On the subject of the GP3X, I'm not too keen on the design at all. Hopefully it's just some sort of early design stage because having two d-pads on the face of the device has got to be one of the worst layouts I've ever seen.

And it's called the Wiz? Oh dear, we'll be seing a lot of Diana Ross pretty soon.

It's over. GPH is finished.

I guess I have no choice but to wait it out for the Pandora now.

Every fucking time something somewhere is announced in our small world of opensource handheld gaming people on this board go totally bonkers in either a positive or negative way. We have seen people bash the pandora and flame each other heavily over how shit it is or not... we have seen it worshipped and adored blindly, I bet some people even masturbate to it's picture. And now this Wiz thingy. Please people, shut the hell up! There is ONE picture on the net, gph has people take it down from their websites, it was leaked and you morons honestly believe this is the final design? Don't you think the picture is pretty dark? How about you wait until some official information is being released, or the unit itself? Maybe one of the two isn't even a dpad but a set of buttons like on the failed dpad of the F200? Maybe they screwed up and both the dpad and buttons are like the ones of the F200. Or they did it right this time and one is a totally neat dpad and the other one a set of buttons. I just can't listen to anymore whining about some random rumours with very shady sources. When the word "leaked" is mentioned, everyone should try to be very careful on how to act. For all we know it could be fake... but then ZodTTD wouldn't have mentioned it I hope.

It's most definitely a real pre-production model. GPH requested the picture be removed and stated that they are still tweaking it, so they didn't want to give the wrong impressions yet. So yes, the glaring flaws may be corrected. In fact, craigix alluded to this a couple of weeks ago and said something along the lines of, the response will be hilarious and hopefully will cause GPH to rethink some of their bizarre choices. Spot on.

I kinda like it (if the button situation is fixed). If it's $99 I'd buy it in a flash.

It's no more competition for Pandora than the GP2X is, and in all likelihood craigix, ED and Fatih will all be distributing it as well, so I doubt there is any wish to bury it from the Pandora team. And it just has to be better than the "new" Gizmondo. Wiz vs Giz...

xnopasaranx said:
I bet some people even masturbate to it's picture.
shhh.jpg

Some of us want to keep it a secret you know. :rolleyes:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the build quality and how defensive GPH has been about the handheld, I'd say they were pretty far along in development. It'll be interesting to see if they still crap out that piece of junk or take our criticism and go back to the drawing board...

CronoTriggerfan said:
Based on the build quality and how defensive GPH has been about the handheld, I'd say they were pretty far along in development. It'll be interesting to see if they still crap out that piece of junk or take our criticism and go back to the drawing board...
You're basing your build quality statement on what, a low quality picture? Being defensive about a prototype shot (which this is), is natural - they want to avoid the reaction they're getting here, which assumes a finished product, when it isn't.

fishybawb said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
You're basing your build quality statement on what, a low quality picture? Being defensive about a prototype shot (which this is), is natural - they want to avoid the reaction they're getting here, which assumes a finished product, when it isn't.

+1

The image is clearly photoshopped, so even if it is a representation of the direction GPH is heading with the Wiz, it's clearly not of a finished product. If they had a finished product, they wouldn't have had to shop that one up.

At this point I think everything that can be said about that image has been said. There is no need for another twenty posts saying nothing more than "It's crap!". Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what they actually release (or at least officially say they're going to release) before we completely count GPH out.

fishybawb said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

To each his own. Regardless, the reaction they're getting is beneficial to them. Honestly, the device in its current state would be a joke if it were to ever see the light of day.

CronoTriggerfan said:
To each his own. Regardless, the reaction they're getting is beneficial to them. Honestly, the device in its current state would be a joke if it were to ever see the light of day.
Why, may I ask? Just that the image was small, and blurry. However, I couldn't see anything wrong with it other than having two Dpads.

sam/Peter - I agree. I think GPH have done the right thing. They could have not come out with a Pandora clone/competitor but instead they aimed for a gap in teh market. The smaller fit-in-your-pocket part, which is a problem with Pandora for some people.

The double dpads is just a bad idea, and hopefully the critisim they are getting will make them change it before releasing it.

The smaller screen is ok for me. But a little ironic, because GPH were pushing movie playing capabilites for the GP2X for a long time which would suck on a <3" screen.

n8archer_XI said:
it needs an analog stick...
Can you concievably see it playing a 3D games? It's more than likely that the only 3D games widely played will be on a PSX emulator (PSX4all maybe?) and if I remember correctly they only used the analog controls as an optional extra, did they not?

Evil Dragon announced on the german board that the GP2x successor will be shown at the IFA in Berlin (29 august to 3 september).

If they don't fix that dual d-pad crap, this thing'll flop, no doubt. That's really the only conceivable problem I see with it, though the price should reflect the fairly lackluster abilities of the device when compared to other handhelds currently available on the market.

Back