Gp32x File Archive

Have you got some RSS/RDF thing going? Well the basic idea, I mean - generating some list of the newest files which hando could get his php to parse. Another way is generating a page and having an iframe on gp32x, but that looks like it might raise some security warnings (some browsers don't like external iframes)

Or... generate a js script to write the HTML and have hando include it with script tags...

Anyways I'm sure you have something handled :)

Yep, good timing.
Bad news:
My server host had some baaaaaaaad problems with some harddisks and a backplane, so the server went down and all data from my page has been deleted :(

I have to upload everything again (thank god it was only the emulators I already uploaded), the database is still there (thankfully).

I should have everything up and running again in the next days.

The good thing about that: The webspace has been upgraded to 2 Gig for free (because I lost data) and I already have about 400 Meg BoR-Mods (all tested to work on the GP32) ready to upload on my harddisk :)

Stay tuned! :)

:D
EvilDragon posted on Oct 5 2004 at 06:31 PM said:
Yep, good timing.
Bad news:
My server host had some baaaaaaaad problems with some harddisks and a backplane, so the server went down and all data from my page has been deleted :(

I have to upload everything again (thank god it was only the emulators I already uploaded), the database is still there (thankfully).

The good thing about that: The webspace has been upgraded to 2 Gig for free (because I lost data) and I already have about 400 Meg BoR-Mods (all tested to work on the GP32) ready to upload on my harddisk :)

Cool. doomportables still has more space

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Oct 5 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
:D
EvilDragon posted on Oct 5 2004 at 06:31 PM said:
Yep, good timing.
Bad news:

Cool. doomportables still has more space

Errrm - I'll get more space as soon as I need it.
But 2Gig should be enough for every single GP32 freeware stuff out there...

Last edited:
Okay, everythings back running!

I also uploaded the new files (!reader 0.83, GPCinePatch and Bombz) including screenshots :)

Gonna upload the BoR Mods (532 MB!!!) and the rest of the emulators tomorrow :)

Good Idea...
No more searching through old topics, to find that older program that suddently became interesting for no reason.

Allthough the page doesn't seem to be desplayed perfectly in opera. Not really a big issue - it's just the dates in the "Latest Files" & "Top Rated" boxes.

Ringo posted on Oct 6 2004 at 04:07 AM said:
Good Idea...
No more searching through old topics, to find that older program that suddently became interesting for no reason.

Allthough the page doesn't seem to be desplayed perfectly in opera. Not really a big issue - it's just the dates in the "Latest Files" & "Top Rated" boxes.

Heh, I'm using Opera myself - never saw this as a problem ;)

Last edited:
Okay, some may have encountered some problems - the downloads did not work.

I had to resetup the database completely and thus a lot of registered users have been deleted.

But everythings fixed now, if nothing bad happens, it's going public tomorrow :)
Oh yeah: The About page isn't ready yet.

You can now already use http://www.gp32x.de/

Should user uploads be working? I've just done a test - if I select a file to upload I get an error about the url being invalid, and if I select url I get an error about the filename being null (even if I enter both a valid url and file). Although to be honest I was quite suprised to see that users can even get to an upload screen (seems quite dangerous to allow anyone to upload).

woogal posted on Oct 7 2004 at 05:43 PM said:
Should user uploads be working? I've just done a test - if I select a file to upload I get an error about the url being invalid, and if I select url I get an error about the filename being null (even if I enter both a valid url and file). Although to be honest I was quite suprised to see that users can even get to an upload screen (seems quite dangerous to allow anyone to upload).

Whoops, no, should NOT be allowed! Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 6 2004 at 02:13 AM said:

I also uploaded the new files (!reader 0.83, GPCinePatch and Bombz) including screenshots :)

Sweet...
This is so awesome, I bet you are a bit more worried about backing stuff up now though... ;)

Is this going to eventually contain everything for the GP32?
Is there any point in writing "cost: free" in each of the descriptions as most GP32 software is free.
Also writing "Operating System: GP32" is also a little silly as there are only a very small amount of cross platform GP32 progz.

If people (as you expect) comment on bugs in the comment for a program, if the program later gets updated and the bug fixed will you be able to delete the old posts relating to the old or even better make a heading for comments for each version (so that only commnets which apply to th elatest version our at the top)???
:blink:

Additional features that it may be worth adding are:
The possiblilty for people to submit reviews and better descriptions for programs (if possilbe make it so that they have to be authorised so that people don't just put up 7word reviews etc....

A better Skin/layout?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very nice work though (even if you don't change anyhting it is still very useful)...

Last edited by a moderator:
sebastian_insua posted on Oct 8 2004 at 11:10 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 6 2004 at 02:13 AM said:

Sweet...
This is so awesome, I bet you are a bit more worried about backing stuff up now though... ;)

Yeah, hehe, going to install an rsync to backup every night to my own server :)

Is this going to eventually contain everything for the GP32?

I hope so. It'll take some time, but I'll try to make it as complete as possible.

Is there any point in writing "cost: free" in each of the descriptions as most GP32 software is free.

Hmm... no... not at all... removed it :)

Also writing "Operating System: GP32" is also a little silly as there are only a very small amount of cross platform GP32 progz.

It's not for cross-platform, but there are also Windows, MacOS and Linux applications for it. e.g. PC-Link or even the Editor for GPFinalWar.
That's why I want to keep it :)

If people (as you expect) comment on bugs in the comment for a program, if the program later gets updated and the bug fixed will you be able to delete the old posts relating to the old or even better make a heading for comments for each version (so that only commnets which apply to th elatest version our at the top)???
:blink:

Yes, I can. If I KNOW the bug has been removed.
But usually, the author states what he changed (and I post the news, so I usually know), so I can just take a look at the comments and remove them.

Additional features that it may be worth adding are:
The possiblilty for people to submit reviews and better descriptions for programs (if possilbe make it so that they have to be authorised so that people don't just put up 7word reviews etc....

Planned, but not yet implemented in the cgi-script.
Can take a month or two, but will definately be available sometimes :)

A better Skin/layout?

Planned... but this would take some day, and I first try to upload stuff and make it as complete as possible, before changing some skin and layout details.
It's already pretty usable, so this is lower priority :)
(I have some other work to do, you know :))

Very nice work though (even if you don't change anyhting it is still very useful)...

BTW: Guest commenting has been disabled as registering is free and who knows - maybe some GP Hater will post bullshit if guest commenting is allowed...

Last edited:
I've registred, but never receive the mail with my password to log in the site :(

It's looking very good, I was thinking of setting something up like that myself, no need now as you have already done a fabulous job :)

TTFN,
Clare.

slubman posted on Oct 10 2004 at 10:24 PM said:
I've registred, but never receive the mail with my password to log in the site :(

You didn't? Strange... worked for everyone else... but check your PM :)

Last edited:
Back