gp32x.com is going to shutdown

I feel bad for not paying more attention to it lately. Sorry, other mods. :3

It'll be the end of an era, but only if you get sentimental about a URL. Hopefully everyone understands the reasons and migrates to the new site. (Pandora conspiracy in 3... 2...)

It's a landslide already, but I cast my vote for OpenHandhelds.org. It really would be a much more logical place to host the community, and I never was a part of the early GP32 movement... so I have no attachment to the domain whatsoever!

Long live OpenHandhelds!

i purchased openhandhelds.net a while back (.org forum is german, and I wanted an english alternative to same concept of open source handheld community forum) I bought it as a project, strangely enough I finished most of it last night. (what a coincidence eh?)

I'm building the forum using SMF (simple to build and supports tapatalk my favorite plug-in), will try to have it up in a few days, it's already built and working but I'm putting the polish on it now before going live.... untill I'm done I'm just http forwarding it to openhandhelds.org

even made a logo

image_thumb4.png

EDIT: I'm going to mirror the general forum structure (going to remove some mostly unneeded or redundant forms and build to future proof it for new handhelds etc) I'll leave a suggestions thread there to improve the structure to your guys's liking if you think it's missing anything.

Also if you know a way of archiving some of those forums/threads and importing them let me know and I'll be sure to do it, have 3-4 TB HDD's on my server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad times, I wonder if someone is keeping an archive..

sebt3 said:
TrashyMG said:
Sad times, I wonder if someone is keeping an archive..
so you dont have read that link, did-you ?
Were you mocking me or was that a big typo?

And no, I guess I didn't read it that thoroughly.

i purchased openhandhelds.net a while back (.org forum is german, and I wanted an english alternative to same concept of open source handheld community forum) I bought it as a project, strangely enough I finished most of it last night. (what a coincidence eh?)

I'm building the forum using SMF (simple to build and supports tapatalk my favorite plug-in), will try to have it up in a few days, it's already built and working but I'm putting the polish on it now before going live.... untill I'm done I'm just http forwarding it to openhandhelds.org

even made a logo

EDIT: I'm going to mirror the general forum structure (going to remove some mostly unneeded or redundant forms and build to future proof it for new handhelds etc) I'll leave a suggestions thread there to improve the structure to your guys's liking if you think it's missing anything.

Also if you know a way of archiving some of those forums/threads and importing them let me know and I'll be sure to do it, have 3-4 TB HDD's on my server.

FYI, openhandhelds.org is not German; its just a placeholder for forums and other stuff, but right now it hosts the English file repo, and EDs german shop.

jeff

coming along nicely, enough for the evening, already have the flowchart mapped out, just working on content now

wanted to make standard boards within each catagory for devices, I also have what I believe to be every mobile gaming device running or capable of running an open source OS

As I said up there I'm leaning on a lot of good forum ideas, gp32x, dingoonity, xda, here... trying to take the best of all and have it still be useful and not information overload or plain chaos due to complexity

General Discussion (modify)

News permissions move modify

Site Suggestions permissions move modify

General Chat permissions move modify

Rumor Mill permissions move modify

Off-Topic permissions move modify

Marketplace (modify)

Wanting to Buy permissions move modify

Wanting to Sell permissions move modify

Trade or Loan permissions move modify

Software Bounties permissions move modify

Operating Systems (modify)

Android OS permissions move modify

ångström permissions move modify

Chrome OS permissions move modify

HP WebOS permissions move modify

Maemo permissions move modify

Open Dingux permissions move modify

Samsung bada permissions move modify

Ubuntu Mobile permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A320 (modify)

Dingoo Digital: A320 - General permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A320 - Accessories permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A320 - Development permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A320 - Apps and Themes permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A320 - Q & A and Support permissions move modify

Dingoo Digital: A330 (modify)

Dingoo Digital: A380 (modify)

GPH: Caanoo (modify)

GPH: GP32 (modify)

GPH: GP2X (modify)

GPH: Wiz (modify)

JXD: S7100 (modify)

JXD: S601 (modify)

OpenPandora: Pandora (modify)

Sony Ericsson: Xperia Play (modify)

Tapwave: Zodiac (modify)

Yinlips: YDP G18 (modify)

screen shot of forum content

Untitled.png

after some polishing and graphic design

Untitled-1.png

well I think it's good enough to open

http://openhandhelds.net/

made the site ad free and clean as possible, supports tapatalk if you have an android or iOS device, installed and hosting a wiki..

any donations are very welcome and every penny donated will be used to improve the site and service

let me know what you think

I wish you the best of luck, but I'm afraid I won't be joining, as I've got enough on my plate keeping up with the three forums I'm a member of already! (Those being here, GP32X, and the Raspberry Pi forum. :p )

Back