Gp32 = Worse Buy Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony510

Still Fresh
Damn, I've had my gp32 for a little bit now, I've finally come to grasp with all the file uploading and what not. But damn, either my gp32 succks but half the damn programs dont even work, they'll load to the title screen, freeze, or get to the program go to choose a file to launch, and freeze. I go to upload mp3's, wait a good day and a half to get my mp3s on there and then I load up an mp3 player, firs tone freezes at title screen, download another one, loads up title screen, go to launch an mp3 and bam, freezes. Go to load up an nes emulator, works fine, but then bam, buttons no longer work, so I renistall it, works fine, then BAM freezes again. Then I flash my gp32 (worst mistake ever as that the other firmwares out there are a joke, besides pacrom that is) I install wind-ups, I'm like cool, I set up my entire desktop and then I save it. After a few times of the gp32 getting turned off and on through the day, I turn my gp32 on and BAM everything erased off my card :blink:

I've come to the conclusion that I should of bought a zodiac, all the games for the gp32 suck, none of the emulators work anywhere near as good as people here make them out to be, and overall it's shitty little korean console, I shoulda known. Well, I waisted my money but hey, gotta deal with what I got. But heres some advice, DO NOT BUY A GP32 IF YOU WANT IT FOR EMULATION OR GAMES PERIOD. It doesnt really have any good games and the emulators are shitty, I havent tried the movie player so I cant say anything on that, but the screens nice, got a bunch of little blotches under the screen though from when I got it. And damn, I wanted to atleast be able to have an address book, the mutha fucka dont save, and when I leave the address book the whole desktop gets erased, what a damn joke of a firmware, why would anyone recommend wind-ups. Overall though, worst purchase right behind the game.com, thank god this thing never was released out of korea, should of listen to IGN.

Sounds like you either have a bad SMC (very much like a bad SMC), or it's mostly user error. (Flashing the first time you get a GP? not good idea)

Instead of being an immature little brat who throws a tantrum when things go wrong and insulting everyone's work instead of maybe assumeing it might be, ya know, YOUR error, or hardware error? Just ask for help nicely and you would have gladly and quickly gotten help. Doing this will only get you flamed.

Why did you wait this long to post here and complain anyways? I have a feeling you don't even own one at all. Now to pick apart your post bit by bit as I love to do...

Damn, I've had my gp32 for a little bit now, I've finally come to grasp with all the file uploading and what not. But damn, either my gp32 succks but half the damn programs dont even work, they'll load to the title screen, freeze, or get to the program go to choose a file to launch, and freeze. I go to upload mp3's, wait a good day and a half to get my mp3s on there and then I load up an mp3 player, firs tone freezes at title screen, download another one, loads up title screen, go to launch an mp3 and bam, freezes.

Bad SMC card, or you're BSing.

Go to load up an nes emulator, works fine, but then bam, buttons no longer work, so I renistall it, works fine, then BAM freezes again. Then I flash my gp32 (worst mistake ever as that the other firmwares out there are a joke, besides pacrom that is)

Way to insult a large sum of people and their work right off the bat. Kudos to being immature halfway out the gate

I install wind-ups, I'm like cool, I set up my entire desktop and then I save it. After a few times of the gp32 getting turned off and on through the day, I turn my gp32 on and BAM everything erased off my card

Bad SMC, bad SMC, bad SMC, not the GP's fault at all. Either you mis-handled the SMC, or it came bad.

I've come to the conclusion that I should of bought a zodiac, all the games for the gp32 suck, none of the emulators work anywhere near as good as people here make them out to be, and overall it's shitty little korean console,

Congratulations, you're medicore, Your zodiac would have probably not worked at all either if it had a bad SD card, Congratulations on insulting the fanbase too without asking for help before makeing yourself out to be an asshat.

I shoulda known. Well, I waisted my money but hey, gotta deal with what I got. But heres some advice, DO NOT BUY A GP32 IF YOU WANT IT FOR EMULATION OR GAMES PERIOD. It doesnt really have any good games and the emulators are shitty, I havent tried the movie player so I cant say anything on that, but the screens nice, got a bunch of little blotches under the screen though from when I got it. And damn, I wanted to atleast be able to have an address book, the mutha fucka dont save, and when I leave the address book the whole desktop gets erased, what a damn joke of a firmware, why would anyone recommend wind-ups. Overall though, worst purchase right behind the game.com, thank god this thing never was released out of korea, should of listen to IGN.

You can't spell wasted, you can't use any piece of hardware more complex than a GBA, then you get angry when something doesn't work, you are indeed, a moron. And way to call emulators shitty when you don't know what the fuck you're doing mr.einstein, And those "blotchs" are probably the thin film you're supposed to peel off of the screen... It's to protect it, not to stay on the GP, And it wasn't released outside of korea for fear technologically illitirate people like you would be the only ones reviewing it, And Yeah, listen to IGN, after all, according to them, FF-X is godlike, Endless Ages sucks, Nintendo can do no wrong, and Golden sun is the best handheld RPG ever :rolleyes:

Door's to your left, Have a nice day.

RoboJoe32 posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:23 AM said:
Sounds like you either have a bad SMC, or it's mostly user error.

Instead of being an immature little brat who throws a tantrum when things go wrong, Just ask for help nicely and you would have gladly and quickly gotten help.

Why did you wait this long to post here and complain anyways? I have a feeling you don't even own one at all.
Fuck you dude, I got everything situated, I'm doing everything right, just this korean hardware is a peice of non working shit. And I got more then one SMC, asshole. ANd I dont got one, why'd I wait so long, cause you people dont even know what the hell your even talking about. Your console sucks, I own one, which makes me suck, and I hate you people for making me suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony510 posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:21 AM said:
Damn, I've had my gp32 for a little bit now, I've finally come to grasp with all the file uploading and what not. But damn, either my gp32 succks but half the damn programs dont even work, they'll load to the title screen, freeze, or get to the program go to choose a file to launch, and freeze. I go to upload mp3's, wait a good day and a half to get my mp3s on there and then I load up an mp3 player, firs tone freezes at title screen, download another one, loads up title screen, go to launch an mp3 and bam, freezes. Go to load up an nes emulator, works fine, but then bam, buttons no longer work, so I renistall it, works fine, then BAM freezes again. Then I flash my gp32 (worst mistake ever as that the other firmwares out there are a joke, besides pacrom that is) I install wind-ups, I'm like cool, I set up my entire desktop and then I save it. After a few times of the gp32 getting turned off and on through the day, I turn my gp32 on and BAM everything erased off my card :blink:

I've come to the conclusion that I should of bought a zodiac, all the games for the gp32 suck, none of the emulators work anywhere near as good as people here make them out to be, and overall it's shitty little korean console, I shoulda known. Well, I waisted my money but hey, gotta deal with what I got. But heres some advice, DO NOT BUY A GP32 IF YOU WANT IT FOR EMULATION OR GAMES PERIOD. It doesnt really have any good games and the emulators are shitty, I havent tried the movie player so I cant say anything on that, but the screens nice, got a bunch of little blotches under the screen though from when I got it. And damn, I wanted to atleast be able to have an address book, the mutha fucka dont save, and when I leave the address book the whole desktop gets erased, what a damn joke of a firmware, why would anyone recommend wind-ups. Overall though, worst purchase right behind the game.com, thank god this thing never was released out of korea, should of listen to IGN.
Buy a Zodiac, go ahead. All of the Zodiac games are so awesome ;)

Nacho posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:28 AM said:
try to upload your files with pc link not with gpmanager ... it will work
I told you guys I'm doing everything right, I tried every different method of putting files onto the SMC, used all the file manager programs, one thing I didnt mention though, all these freezes and buttons going out is random.

Nacho posted on Jul 20 2004 at 02:28 AM said:
Don't help this guys he doesn't want any help he just wan't us to say the Gp32 is great so hey can say the Gp32 sucks.

DaveC posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:28 AM said:

Zodiac games suck, but shit, they dont suck as much as the GP32 games, atleast I would have some stable hardware and a shit load of Palm games to play.

Ah i've figured this out, it's just an angry zodiac or GBA fan trolling because he feels insecure about what he owns.

Dolfhin posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:34 AM said:
Nacho posted on Jul 20 2004 at 02:28 AM said:
Don't help this guys he doesn't want any help he just wan't us to say the Gp32 is great so hey can say the Gp32 sucks.
Ha, arent you a fucking phsycologist, but yeah, your right :D

CABBAGES posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:36 AM said:
sounds like your talkin shite to me <_<
Well, if you made one of the above programs up there, yeah, I am :ph34r:

I guess your E-machine keeps corrupting the files when you try and send them through the serial port, And GP32 doesn't like windows 3.1.

Anthony510 posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:35 AM said:
DaveC posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:28 AM said:
Damn, I've had my gp32 for a little bit now, I've finally come to grasp with all the file uploading and what not. But damn, either my gp32 succks but half the damn programs dont even work, they'll load to the title screen, freeze, or get to the program go to choose a file to launch, and freeze. I go to upload mp3's, wait a good day and a half to get my mp3s on there and then I load up an mp3 player, firs tone freezes at title screen, download another one, loads up title screen, go to launch an mp3 and bam, freezes. Go to load up an nes emulator, works fine, but then bam, buttons no longer work, so I renistall it, works fine, then BAM freezes again. Then I flash my gp32 (worst mistake ever as that the other firmwares out there are a joke, besides pacrom that is) I install wind-ups, I'm like cool, I set up my entire desktop and then I save it. After a few times of the gp32 getting turned off and on through the day, I turn my gp32 on and BAM everything erased off my card  :blink: 

Zodiac games suck, but shit, they dont suck as much as the GP32 games, atleast I would have some stable hardware and a shit load of Palm games to play.
I guess you found your system. Go buy a Zodiac, sell your GP32 on ebay, and then whine on the Zodiac boards.

By the way, I have 2 GP32s , a nonlit and a BLU and I never had a single problem like you did. You either have a dodgy unit, or you don't know how to use it.

RoboJoe32 posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:23 AM said:
You can't spell wasted, you can't use any piece of hardware more complex than a GBA, then you get angry when something doesn't work, you are indeed, a moron. And way to call emulators shitty when you don't know what the fuck you're doing mr.einstein, And those "blotchs" are probably the thin film you're supposed to peel off of the screen... It's to protect it, not to stay on the GP, And it wasn't released outside of korea for fear technologically illitirate people like you would be the only ones reviewing it, And Yeah, listen to IGN, after all, according to them, FF-X is godlike, Endless Ages sucks, Nintendo can do no wrong, and Golden sun is the best handheld RPG ever :rolleyes:

Door's to your left, Have a nice day.

That was the saddest paragraph I have ever read in my life, you need a gf to take you away from all these video games :D HAHA, no, those blotches are actually under the screen. Ok seriously though, admit it, the emulators for the gp32 sucks ass, the pcengine runs hella slow, you overclock it your playing bonkers on crystal meth. the only thing I got respect for on this damn console is liljohn. And once again, I wish I was, but I aint lying, gp32s suck.

You tell me i'm sad and I need a GF, but you typed a paragraph longer than mine to bitch and whine about something you never asked for help with in the first place.

don't like GP32? Sell it, get a zodiac, let them flame you on their boards.

RoboJoe32 posted on Jul 20 2004 at 01:40 AM said:
I guess your E-machine keeps corrupting the files when you try and send them through the serial port, And GP32 doesn't like windows 3.1.
HAHAHAHAHA, I aint even gonna give you the specs of my comp, for some reason because I got attitude and talk better shit then you people do I'm a liar.

LOL!!!! Heres an idea....maybe your just stupid lol!!!!

P.S. Why is it that you keep saying BAM! I mean are you the Emerald or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back