GP32 won't find AVI files...

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
Right. Getting pretty annoyed now. I've spent ages coding the perfect movie, then I downloaded it to my GP32, and it's vanished. When I look for it in PC Link, the MPARK folder appears blank, but when I refresh it, the files appear. This only happens with the MPARK folder - all the others are fine and the files appear as soon as you view the contents of the folder. Do I have a defective sector on the SMC, or am I putting the files in the wrong place?

EDIT: When I first installed Moviepark a couple of weeks ago, I converted a few files using Movielink, and they worked fine. The last movie I converted using Movielink had the same problem as the one above - it vanished. It's only recently that I've tried coverting a movie with Virtual Dub.

Yeah, don't put your files in MPark, put them in GPSYS or GPETC. Or at least, thats what I do and it works.

Yeah, don't put them in Mpark. I put them in GPSYS or GPETC, and it works fine. Hope that works for you, I know first hand how aggravating the GP32 can be. :(

Nope, that doesn't work either.

I've got a feeling that I'm doing something really obvious wrong. I can see the file in GPFM and move it around, copy and paste it, etc. But MoviePark refuses to find it, no matter where I put it. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hmm, sorry that didn't work. Are you dragging the files over to copy them? That's all I can think of, sorry.

Within which program?

Within GPFM I'm just 'cutting' the file and then 'pasting' it in a different location.

Within PC Link, I select the file, click 'copy' and then 'paste' it into the MPARK folder. I am supposed to drag and drop then?

Thanks for the help! :)

Tried that, no joy. :(
Duddyroar, I have a folder called DIVX that is at the root of the SMC (it is on the same "level" as GPMM, not inside it). I put my movies there and MoviePark has no problems with it.

Just make sure the filenames fit the 8.3 format.

A naming convention tip for Anime:
SeriesXX - where Series is like HACK for .hack//SIGN, etc (upto 6 characters) and XX is the episode number. That way all the same series are together and in the right order. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The file I'm trying to run is simply '1.avi'.

I don't think it's encoding error, because Moviepark would still be able to 'see' the file, if not run it.

I'm thinking that it's a fault on the SMC. I hope someone can prove me wrong!

Will do. I'm actually at work at the moment so I won't be able to do that until tonight.

Like I said before, the weird thing is that when I enter the MPARK folder using PC Link, no files appear whatsoever until I click the refresh button on the PC Link console. The MPARK app file doesn't even appear. However, if I click on, say, the GPEngine ROM folder, everything appears fine, with no need to click refresh.

Had the same problem, just change the name to somethin else. Try using letters and not nubers, or just add letters in front or behind 1 on 1.AVI.

This can be an error on your SMC. If nothing else works copy all the file from GP32 to your PC, format the SMC and put all files back. This should solve any SMC related problems.

I was afraid someone was going to suggest that...I thought that might be the problem too, just didn't want to admit it! I'll try renaming the file first, as suggested by zenjiki, then if that doesn't solve it I'll format the SMC.

Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone!

Right, tried renaming the file MOVIE.AVI, which worked to a degree because MoviePark can see the file now, but freezes when I go to open it. I decided to format the SMC, reinstalled MoviePark and the file, and the same thing happens. I'm still having to refresh the MoviePark folder in PC Link to see any files.

I don't think it's the way that I encoded it that's the problem as I followed the guide on GP32.emu to the letter.

I'm reaching boiling point here. This is really, really annoying. :angry:

I don't think it's the way that I encoded it that's the problem as I followed the guide on GP32.emu to the letter.
Is there a way you could send this movie to me? Or place it somewhere for me to download? At least if someone else gets it to work on their GP32 then you know the movie is good for sure and there is something missing that we are all overlooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a big movie, I doubt I'd be able to send it to you...what I'm going to do tonight to try converting a different movie, a smaller one, and see if I can get it to work. If I still have the same problem I'll email you the smaller movie. Cheers! :)

Duddyroar, I thought that my files used to freeze too. Sometimes you just have to wait a while for it to load even if it looks like it is freezing. Also try loading 2 files, and after you open a good one try to open the one that freezes. Good luck.

Back