gp32 to pc link problems

sensible GP32

Ive had my gp32 for a while now and when i plug the usb part into my gp32 it causes the system to hang for 6-7 seconds then when i go open the linker software it says failed to open usb port.

when i restart i it works again but sooner or later the same problem happens.

anyone have this problem?

its been fine for ages. but its happend suddenly.

i know ive posted alot of problems recently but, your help been great, this board has been amazing and when ive learnt the trade so to speak i'll be albe to help too.

Usually happened to me if I accidentally forgot to put the GP32 in PC-link mode, then exited PC-link, put the GP32 in lonk mode and restarted PC-link. It would then gove the message you described. The only way to get it to go properly again would be to restart the PC.

As long as I make sure I have the GP32 in PC-link mode before running PClink, then it usually seems to work fine....

always hangs for me, but ive never had...well i did have one problem, it wouldnt find my gp32 at all, i had to restart then it worked fine. but like axeman said, open the pclink thing in the gp32. but if that doesnt work, try new drivers.

i tried being on the pc linker first before i turned the software on, nope still happens. this is really annoying me now i have to reboot more or less every time i put something new on

Has anyone got any ideas?

what new drivers?, or if it was a simple driver problem why has it only just started happening?

Back