GP32-Screenprotector broken

Hanuka

Website
Visit site
harteslos.jpg

This is what happened to my GP... the plastic plate on the screen broke somehow (i think my dog jumped onto my jacket, when i kept it there). It seems the screen is all okay, but im pretty sad, as im a collector and wanted to keep it in mint condition (so why the heck did i keep it in my jacket?).

Do you know if there is any way of replacing that? Its not the screen, just that plastic-thing. Even if i have to send it back to korea - as that plastic protector is flexible it can easily scratch the screen when theres pressure.

Thanks for you help, folks. :)
Markus

PS: its not a red break :lol:

Replacement screen covers are available from www.gbax.com and there's also a guide there on how to do it.

i did that but i found taking the cover off gave me zero glare and eliminated the need for a flu so i left it at that. now i just have to be careful when i have it in my pocket

The same happened to my screen.
I removed it carefully, took it to a glass company and they cut me one the exact same size out of glass (much nicer though :))
It didn't cost anything (it's so small it's waste for them ;)) and all I had to do is carefully cut the edges using some pliers and glue it onto the GP32 :)

No scratches anymore :)

Yup-I did the same thing-a glass screen is a great improvment over the plastic one.It cleans easy and improves the visibility loads.I reccomend it to all the gp32 owners.

Yep - did the glass screen as well - a bit more reflective in direct sunlight, but with the FLU, excellent, and the colour (or color !) is so much better.
Hint - the thinnest glass I've found is 2mm. If you use carbide paper or a Dremel you can round the edges off nicely. I used UHU White Tack (much better than Blu Tack) to seal the gap around the cable hole for the FLU (a source of dust) and also placed thin strips all the way round. Stick the glass to the Gamepark grey cover (glue or tape) and then press the assembly into place.

Well you're all pretty damn lucky that it's just the screen that is damaged, my flamin LCD is scratched and that can't be replaced. So quit moanin.....then again it was my fault. :(

I removed it carefully, took it to a glass company and they cut me one the exact same size out of glass (much nicer though :))
It didn't cost anything (it's so small it's waste for them ;)) and all I had to do is carefully cut the edges using some pliers and glue it onto the GP32 :)

wont it smash easily tho?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you're all pretty damn lucky that it's just the screen that is damaged, my flamin LCD is scratched and that can't be replaced. So quit moanin.....then again it was my fault. :(
What did you do? Do you still have a warranty on it from the place you bought it from?

Last edited by a moderator:

wont it smash easily tho?
No, it won't.
The glass I use is about double as thick as the original one (so the grey plastic surrounding the screen is about 1mm higher than normal) and it's nearly impossible to break that glass :)

Last edited:
Back