GP32 Rom, WSC Games

SuddendeathmatchNC

Still Fresh
Okay, I am either getting one or the other. I hear there is a WSC emulator for GP32. How do you get the roms on the GP32? The only way I will get a GP32 is if I can get the Inuyasha WSC rom onto a GP32. Does anyone know how to do that and where to get the rom? :(

DO some reading about the system man, the GP32 hooks up to the computer so you can transfer files. Files are stored on a smart media card in the system which you have to purchase seperately. The WSC emulator is pretty good but it has no sound, it will probably run Inuyasha.

Yeah I got that. Does it come with file transfer software(duh yes). Hmmm...now I just have to find the rom. The thing is that the GP32 has like 3 games. We want games! :D

WSC emulation is not so good. just buy a wonderswan if you really want that game.

If you have good reason to buy a WSC, buy it - the GP32 is better in most peoples opinion, and you'd probably enjoy it just as much or more so and the emulator would be fine and dandy and all - but considering that WSC's are a dying breed that aren't sold commercially anymore, and that games (especially FF's) are already disappearing - I'd snap one up as soon as you can. It might be around for a few years more in online shops, but it might not. Everyone's mistakenly made that assumption at least once...so in conclusion, get a WSC if you want one. GP32's are only going to improve with age (i.e. the FLU) - WSC's won't.

Unless if you don't have an income, that is :p

The thing is that the GP32 has like 3 games. We want games! :D
That's true. Unless, of course, you count all the Atari 2600, Atari 800, Atari ST, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, and other games it can play. Then it's closer to 100,000 games. But that's kind of like 3.
Hey, be fair. Being able to emulate games on a handheld is great, but more GP32 specific games are needed.
Even perfectly emulated games have at least these problems:
1)Controls not ideally laid out for GP32. For non-handheld emulations, the graphics are often inappropriate for the small screen.
2) Emulation requires lots of clock cycles -> low battery life.
3) Unless you happen to be lucky enough to have a big pile of legal roms, you're going to have to steal them.

Playing Pinball Dreams made me realise how much difference a properly coded game makes (although saying that - why do they force you to use the shoulder buttons so much. It hurts my hands).

Now, emulation is great and I imagine it's one of the main things I'll be using my GP for, but a few more "proper" (and good) games for the GP32 would really make it perfect. As it is, I may well get a GBA SP as well. When I have the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gp32 has 3 good games? ....Asr, her knights, (if you like golden axe at all) Dungeon and guarder, Tomak, wizard slayer, mill, kimi-chi men....

that's 7 good games, as many as GBA has :lol: (just kidding, but everyone I hear who has a GBA always mentions these games)

1: Golden sun

2: Advance wars

3: Castlevania

4: Mario

5: Pokemon...

just buy a wonderswan if you really want that game.

I agree with Octavius, if you only buy the GP32 to play 1 wonderswancolor game just buy a Wonderswancolor and the game. It's also cheaper :rolleyes: .

Back