Gp32 Resetting

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Everytime i encode my movies on certain parts of the movie it resets!
Can anyone help?

It'll be little bugs in the video. Open the file in virtualdub and use the "scan video stream for errors" option. Then direct stream copy the audio and video into a new file and play that on your gp. Hopefully with fix the problem.

I scanned it and it says '0 frames masked(0 frames good, 0 frames bad but undecodable)

All my movies work fine except one: virtual dub crashes when converting this is what is says : An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'DivX'...
...while decompressing video frame 24090 with "DivX Pro(tm) 5.1.1 Codec" [biCompression=30355844] (VideoSource.cpp:1772).

When I use the "scan video stream for errors" option it says just like goitys: 0 frames masked(0 frames good, 0 frames bad but undecodable)
And When I try to go to the frame it gives an error to, what to do???

I've even encoded it again but it still crashes at some points (different each time i encode). It works fine on pc though.

Thankx Dozer, I worked out the problem with the scanning for errors.... I think. It only works properly on win98.

Hi goity,

Did that mean you need Win98 otherwise you can´t encode correct gpcinema avis?
How did you correct you errorneous video?

I´ve WinXP the same problem and looking for a solution since days..
So a hint how you managed to get correct vids would be nice.

bn

Was this whilst fast forwarding - I seem to get problems at around 1hr 20 with most movies I've encoded, whilst fast forwarding...

Argon0

You Can encode with XP but the error scanning function doesnt work so if you have a computer on windows 98 as well (like me) transfer it to that computer and scan it for errors. Check which frames are bad then mask them in edit.
If you dont have 98 then mask all the frames where it resets.
It happens usually while playing the video but if you mean when stopping fast-forwarding it is a bad frame in that area where you stop.

Goity posted on Aug 10 2004 at 11:31 AM said:
You Can encode with XP but the error scanning function doesnt work (..)
If you dont have 98 then mask all the frames where it resets.
It happens usually while playing the video but if you mean when stopping fast-forwarding it is a bad frame in that area where you stop.
Ok goity,

I will try it at home.

So i can select the frames and then "Mask selected frames"?

What happens to that frame when you mask it?
Will the FileSize be bigger?

Can you explain why it it doesn´t work with XP?

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't make it much bigger at all possibly smaller (I masked frames and upped my framerate by five but it only went up by 0.6mb).

I think it doesn't work on xp because XP can ignore bad frames and play them unlike 98 which shows an error alert at bad frames.

Back