Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

Iorgy77 said:
Well over 21 entries, will be a couple of days before a page is up and entries can begin being judged.

Still looking for judges, if you own one of the competition consoles and didnt enter anything, get in touch.

got mine, thx.

21 entries - i didnt expect that, really nice - for me i hope lot's of wiz stuff, cause i don't own other handhelds ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
Still looking for judges, if you own one of the competition consoles and didnt enter anything, get in touch.
I could do some judging from technical point of view (unless I'm swarmed with unexpected work), but I don't have a dingoo (yet).

I think people who submitted an entry should be fine as judges as long as they judge every entry but their own. I think the creators would have very good perspective from a gameplay and technical standpoint. I would love to be a judge and so would my wife.

hm personally i dont like the idea of being judged by a competitor. maybe it's just like me, but i think it would be a biased judgement even if you're not going to judge your own creation.

I agree - entrants should not be allowed to judge. It's impossible to be impartial and fair, where you have a vested interest in the final outcome.

crow_riot said:
hm personally i dont like the idea of being judged by a competitor. maybe it's just like me, but i think it would be a biased judgement even if you're not going to judge your own creation.

iprice said:
I agree - entrants should not be allowed to judge. It's impossible to be impartial and fair, where you have a vested interest in the final outcome.

I couldn`t agree more.

Trooper

Well it was just an idea. I went to a few style competitions in second life and all the competitors were also the judges. We would all click on the vote board and could not vote for ourselves. I never had trouble deciding who was next best (to me of course).

*xteraco: reaches for his flameproof suit*

Yo iorgy, I'm still up for judging if you want me.

I agree - entrants should not be allowed to judge. It's impossible to be impartial.

You can search in other GP2X-WIZ-PANDORA-DINGOO related forums like gp32spain, gp32ita, and other sites like I don´t know anything. I think that the moderators of these sites can be judges because they see and test a lot of programs and games for these platforms.

@iorgy (lorgy?): i'm totally impatient, can you make any updates on voting progress? :unsure:

I'm getting really frustrated that there has been no news about the compo. Is this usual for these types of things?

It's been less than a week since entries closed. Chill! :) Judges haven't received any information yet, and at closing we were still waiting for more judges to come on board. Iorgy77 is pretty much coordinating this by himself, so be patient. It's late Saturday night in our corner of the world right now, maybe there will be an update by the end of the weekend.

Thread needs less Pandora Angst Coding Competition Angst. :p

Gruso said:
Judges haven't received any information yet, and at closing we were still waiting for more judges to come on board.

it's info we didn't get, so thanks - more info is less angst :p

Sorry for the delay guys, hell of a week at work meant late nights and no time for the competition. A note to future competition holders. Ask for screenshots... :p

I am sorting the entries at the moment and taking screenshots where possible, otherwise taking photos. I plan to have them in one place where the judges can get to them and shortly after put them up on a webpage where people can download the entries.

I honestly wasn't expecting this many entries and we have joined forces with Diabol's GP32 revival competition so anyone who entered that has automatically qualified for this (unless they object).

After a quick count we have around 25 entries.

Back