Gp32 - Gp2x Comparrison

X90PNI

Still Fresh
I currently have a GP32 FLU, can someone tell me ...

a) how does the screen on the GP2X compare with the FLU and with the PSP come to that ?

b) does PC-Link or it's equivelent still only work for 50% of users ?

c) I saw the photo showing the quality of a movie when connected to a tv, but is the resolution on, for example, the Genesis emulator the same as if an original Genesis was attached to the tv ?

... and I may as well throw this in while I'm here ...
d) is there any chance that we'll get a GBA emulator ?

a) Screen is better brighter than my Gp32 FLU - probably same or better than GP32 BLU

B) Haven't bothered to try as I can access th Sd card directly

c) Don't know but should be same or better as TV out is capable of 720x480 max Res so whatever the emu is running at you should get on TV

d) There is one already but it is slow 6fps or so - it's early days but there is also more to life than GBA. Try the Vic20 and C64 in Vice, DrMD, Atari 800 etc etc.

a ) The screen is much better than a BLU and loads and loads better than a FLU. It is a nice screen but no where near as bright as a PSP screen. (I have a FLU, BLU, GP2X & PSP so not guessing)

b ) There is a link programme built into the GP2X kind of like Phodrive on the GP32. The reason people are having problems is that the USB2 connection doesn't seem to work properly. If I use a USB1 port on my keyboard it works fine, but a USB2 port on the back of my computer does nothing. Get a card reader.

c ) Emulators don't currently work through the TV out only the movie player. When they are made to work with the TV out the quality will be the same as a real genesis, because the resolution of a genesis is 320 x 240 (same a LCD screen). In some rare cases the vertical resolution is interlaced to display 320 x 480, I don't know how this is handled at the moment. But when connected to a TV (someday) the resolution will be the same as a real genesis.

d ) Possibly. Most things at the moment run on one processor and the devs are getting the hang of the thing.

244_gp2x_vs_gp32_animation2.gif

Here's a little animated gif of the two machines I also posted on Armchairarcade.com

Attachments

• 244_gp2x_vs_gp32_animation2.gif
    244_gp2x_vs_gp32_animation2.gif
    1 MB · Views: 171
I did one too (not knowing about Mark's before I took the picture):

dscn02315bd.jpg

Only a 44kb image, but seems slow.

Anyhow, you can see the contrast and saturation of the GP2x screen compared to the gp32. Indeed, the blue background does look like this picture where you can see the image compression at the top of the screen.

BTW its a BLU (not +)

Back