GP32 FLU or GP32(No FLU)

seth

ive heard bad things about the flu like dust specs and all that and with the much higher price im begining to get a bit more in favor of no flu......which do you prefer?

got my FLU and I couldn't be happier! If I had to trade in for a non_FLU forwhatever reason, it would be too difficult to go back...

Dust does have an easier chance getting in-between the 2 screens but a simple can of compressed air and a screwdriver can get rid of that dust easy (I have the screwdriver, just not the compressed air :(). I wouldn't recommend opening up your GP32 just to clean the LCD screen if you have not done anything like it before, you could seriously damage something in there. I accidentally broke off one of the power wires for the LCD display while putting the unit back together but it took me 2 seconds to solder it back on (3 minutes to disassemble, 2 minutes for the iron to get hot, and only 2 sec. to fix, *sigh*). Otherwise than that, I'd totally recommend the FLU version. You never know when you might need it and it doesn't drain your batteries that much, especially if you have high-capacity ones. Keep in mind that, as with all internal light mods of this nature, you're going to get slightly washed out colors (though not nearly as much as the Afterburner for GBA) and a trapezoidal effect that to date I haven't noticed (I had a GBA with an afterburner before, it was GLARINGLY noticeable).

Ranma13 posted on May 11 2003 said:
Dust does have an easier chance getting in-between the 2 screens but a simple can of compressed air and a screwdriver can get rid of that dust easy (I have the screwdriver, just not the compressed air :().
Hey Ranma13,

Can you describe this process in more detail? Do you use the screwdriver to pop off the front or what? I just got mine the other day and there does seem to be a bit of a gap where dust etc could get in.. not being sure what a non-FLU unit look like, or how the lighting system is installed.. I thought it was normal.. Or is that (very slight) gap indeed the fault of the FLU installation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back