Gp32 Bios Monitor.....

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
Recently, when I attempt to play some games, a white screen with black text comes up that says something like "GP32 BIOS Monitor v0.4 © 2003 Mr. Spiv" followed by a lot of random number/letter combinations. Why is this coming up? Is there a way I can fix this? (I'd really like to play some of these games....). It happened when I tried to play a VNS game I'm working on, so I figured I had coded something terribly wrong. Then I was playing MAME and when I tried to play some games it gave me the same screen. BTW, I have slubman's firmware.

It's the gp32_console version of the BSOD, or in this case, the WSOD.

Slubman has incorporated Mr.Spiv's bios monitor , if your bios didn't have it just figure that it would've froze up and it wouldn't have been able to be played on a GP32 without the bios monitor. I'd suggest check what might be missing (read all the VNS readme's)

I almost always get the BIOS monitor when my batteries run low. You might want to check for that, too.

Dryer Lint posted on Oct 26 2005 at 08:30 AM said:
I almost always get the BIOS monitor when my batteries run low. You might want to check for that, too.
serious, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the battery, I'll try and change that. BTW, most games work great, its just a couple that are giving me this error. And about the VNS game, it has the exact same coding as a different VNS game or mine (guess which :p ) except its in french, so maybe the french segments of text are too long (usually when they're too long they just wrap around to the next line....).

Back