Gp32 Blu Question

When I had my FLU the screen seemed pretty good to me. It's "washed out" the way GBA SP is "washed out" i.e. the light spreads over the LCD screen so colors do get somewhat dimmed (lower contrast) but also illuminated (which is the whole idea).

The BLU is most likely going to look wonderful, the colors will probably be very vivid and have much higher contrast than the FLU. But at $250, I'm not sure it's that appealing. Then again, do they even make FLU's anymore? I haven't checked in ages, but last time I heard they stopped. So the BLU might be the only lighted GP32 in town. But still, that price is crazy. It should be $200.

Also - is it an active matrix backlit LCD? Because that could really hit the batteries hard. Is there any info regarding battery life with the BLU? And if it is active matrix (as opposed to transflective like the Zodiac has) then it won't be visible in sunlight or very well lit rooms. The FLU by comparison is was visible in any lighting. If the BLU is transflective then it will be ideal, but still overpriced.

I have a FLU and a GBAsp, and comparing the screens both in lighted and darkened rooms, I must say the GP32's screen is much brighter and clearer. The GBAsp's screen seems a bit 'washed out'.

I also had a Sega GameGear, which was a back-lit LCD screen. It looked great in dim light or pitch black rooms, but in more lighted areas the screen became VERY washed out, and in bright daylight, was damn near un-viewable; not to mention the sucky 2-4 hours of battery life (that's SIX AA batteries folks!).

We'll all have to wait and see though, as I'm sure ther have been advances in technology since then LOL

Wasn't it said that the dollar is currently weak now against the pound? I asked this because the price of a 128mb SMC on GBAX's site was $70 when converted. So, that means that the value at which the card is being sold on the site is considerably less than $70. Their BLU preorder is 134.99 pounds. If you convert that to american dollars you get $239, so, because the dollar is weak, it should cost considerably less than that, right (Like $200-210)? If this is the case, just wait until a retailer not UK based (Like lik-sang) obtains the BLU.

I would've paid the 50 bucks required to get an afterburner installed in my GBA if the GBASP hadnt come around... heck I'd probably STILL do it if anyone still installed them.

To say the FLU isnt worth it sounds like sourgrapes to me. Yeah, you can play a regular GP32 without light if you have decent lighting conditions better than you could a GBA but there will still be times that it's more helpfull than not to have the light. Not every daytime or indoor condition is optimal.

If you have the choice get it simply because this way you dont ever have to regret not having it. maybe Hahotech really will get around to releasing there front light accessory (although My experience with a similar one for GBA sucked maybe theirs is a far better design).

As for the BLU, While it's probably great in low light conditions I'm waiting to see what people say about well lit conditions. because it's a whole different visibility issue for this device compared tot he FLU... but so far I'm happy with mine so I dont think I'll need to trade up for a BLU.

Back