Gp32 Blu Box

mr twit

A can of spam!
Website
www.mmmpie.co.uk
Just saw this on GP32News.com, aparently it is the official box of the GP32 BLU, posted on VirginPlay's site:
caratula_caja_gp32blu.jpg

Anyone else wonder why they mention mp3s, movies, images, text, ... and no games? :wacko:

mr twit posted on May 5 2004 at 06:38 PM said:
Just saw this on GP32News.com, aparently it is the official box of the GP32 BLU, posted on VirginPlay's site:
caratula_caja_gp32blu.jpg

Anyone else wonder why they mention mp3s, movies, images, text, ... and no games? :wacko:
probably because the play anywhere covers that part...

Last edited by a moderator:
Racemaniac posted on May 5 2004 at 05:47 PM said:
probably because the play anywhere covers that part...
not necessarily, you play mp3s and movies, too

Steve-O posted on May 5 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
Looks too fake to be a box :D
That is most likely a photoshop picture of what it WILL look like, not an actual physical box. If they claim that it is an actual box they are lyin'

They should include an RF link with the BLU when you first buy it, nobody is really using the RF link for much of anything as of yet (well at least for Homebrew), and they advertise it as a wireless system primarily. Therefore, if you buy something that says "Wireless Network Gaming" (Korean box cough) on the front cover, shouldnt it be able to do that out of the box?

It should have either that or an SMC bundled in, but a SMC you can buy anywhere, not just online shops (or I guess GP32 distributers, but hey not everyone is in Spain, Portugal and Italy). You usually would have to import and pay shipping for the RF linker. Also the thing looks quite huge, its kind of goofy hanging off the bottom of your Gamepark :huh:

Or wait does the BLU have RF linking built in? Please say it does... I'm just checking :p

gp32_console
.. |
..[ ] whee

hmmm, i was looking at my box (FLU, excellent sticker!!) to see whether or not this was fake, and i noticed that where GAMEPARK is written below the screen on the real GP32, on the box its got a GP32 logoand the GP32 written, wierd.

Why are they calling it "GP32 BLU"? If they are only going to sell the backlit version, why bother with the BLU part, it will just confuse idiots.

Back