Gp2xpsx Iso Rips Using Os X

lucoxade

SCOURGE!
Website
www.scourge.co.uk
I havn't looked into it too deeply but gp2xPSX seems to be getting quite usable now and i don't want to miss out.

Does anyone know how to convert Playstation isos into the appropiate format using OS X?

Fanks!!! :D :D :D

buy a REAL computer

:ph34r:

j/k

there should be a simple ISO ripper for MACs , theres all that illegal DVD stuff on them, just rip an ISO, and that should work, theoretically (butchered the spelling on that one)

~Octavious

ooppps double/post

~Octavious

EDIT
for uncompressing them, say you d/l one, which no one does these days cause its bad :ph34r: you could try programs like GUI Tar 1.0.2 & OPEN UP 3.2
I havnt used either of these, but thats what google tells me, hope its a step in the right direction!

@ Octavious : Your an idiot go and grow some pubes

kounch, thanks i didn't realise that it would read plain old ISOs i was under the impression that there was i Windows tool that automatically remove unnecessary files and compress the output. I guess the Windows tool is because such an old fashioned OS doesn't know how to use a lot of common file formats natively.

Good suggestion from Kunch, but I'm a GUI guy I'm afraid and not at home in the terminal. I had made a disc image of Resdient Evil just using Toast, which seemed to work fine, but I have 2 problems:

1. The reultant file was very large - how could this be compressed and would GP2XPSX support it?

2. The method didn't work quite so well for Ridge Racer, as that had 2 sessions on the CD, one for the data and one for the Music. Toast looked like it had done it, but there was no CD music when playing on the GP2X, so it obviously missed the 2nd session.

I've tried using Disk Utility, but it hangs when a PSX disc is inserted, it can't seem to get a grip on the CD, what more user friendly OSX methods might I try?

The emulator is great though, this and the Amiga emulator have really amazed me!

®

kounch posted on Feb 6 2006 at 04:29 PM said:
lucoxade posted on Feb 6 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
I havn't looked into it too deeply but gp2xPSX seems to be getting quite usable now and i don't want to miss out.

Does anyone know how to convert Playstation isos into the appropiate format using OS X?

Fanks!!! :D :D :D
Use dd from the terminal: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...031225124417353

NOOOOO!

PSX discs have their data tracks in mode 2, which dd cannot handle.

To do an EXACT copy, use cdrdao, which you have to install via Fink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used toast for all my psx isos.

Boot it up select copy in the main window, making sure your disc is selected, then click file and select save as bin/cue file....easy :p

Did this work for multi session PSX discs? Have you played the games with CD sound etc intact?

For instance, did you try Ridge Racer?

®

I don't have ridge racer but have used this method without problem on many psx games:

Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dino Crisis
Silent Hill
Parappa the Rapper
CTR
etc etc

mainnine posted on Mar 3 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I don't have ridge racer but have used this method without problem on many psx games:

Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dino Crisis
Silent Hill
Parappa the Rapper
CTR
etc etc

your rip of FFIX runs on your gp2x ?? :eek:
do you use a pal-version???

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have a definitive answer to this thread? And is there an app available that will work for free? Toast looks a tad expensive for something that might not definitely work...

Back