Gp2x11 0.1

In theory you should be able to add "-screen 640x480" as an option to Xfbdev in /mnt/sd/x11/x11. I haven't got a tv-out cable so I can't try it.

In theory you should be able to add "-screen 640x480" as an option to Xfbdev in /mnt/sd/x11/x11. I haven't got a tv-out cable so I can't try it.
Thanks, I tried your suggestion but it still comes on as 320x240. tried -screen 720x480 as well but makes no difference

Last edited by a moderator:
pcklee123 said:
Parkydr said:
Thanks, I tried your suggestion but it still comes on as 320x240. tried -screen 720x480 as well but makes no difference

Finally got X to work with tv-out. But I have a chroot with debian on an 3.5gb external hard drive (with 300MB swap partition). What i did was to download the xorg source from open embedded, copied the open2x SDL libs to /usr/lib and /usr/include. Then just did ./configure --enable-kdrive --enable sdl --disable dri and got Xsdl which works on tv-out. I tried 720x576 on tv-out PAL and it works almost without any change to the source code. Of course mouse doesn't work with joystick but works with external usb mouse.

Could Xsdl be used in open2x project ?

pcklee123 said:
pcklee123 said:
Parkydr said:

Finally got X to work with tv-out. But I have a chroot with debian on an 3.5gb external hard drive (with 300MB swap partition). What i did was to download the xorg source from open embedded, copied the open2x SDL libs to /usr/lib and /usr/include. Then just did ./configure --enable-kdrive --enable sdl --disable dri and got Xsdl which works on tv-out. I tried 720x576 on tv-out PAL and it works almost without any change to the source code. Of course mouse doesn't work with joystick but works with external usb mouse.

Well there we have it - thats what I've been waiting to hear about on these forums! Congrats pcklee123!

Is anyone up to the challenge of packaging a TV-out (720x576) capable Xsdl along with some instructions that mortals can follow?

Even better of course would be a dedicated X11-based mini distro designed especially for the GP2X...

Yes, but you'll have to wait until after my exams :). I didn't post here because I didn't really want such an old thread to stay alive for too long and pcklee123 had already PMed me about it anyway.

Back