Gp2x Won't Turn On

BigCdaAnswer3

Still Fresh
i just bought a brand spankin new gp2x and i was like oooh when i opened it up and turned it on....it's now several hours later and i have it plugged into the wall and running on batteries and the damn thing won't even turn on!!!! i don't know what i can try -- i certainly didn't do anything wrong, i didn't even put an sd card into it! help!!!!

Have you checked the polarity of the adaptor when you plugged it into the wall. If you haven't and you are not using a GP2X official adaptor, chances are that you have fried it if the adaptor polarity is wrong.

Other then that have you tried fresh batteries?

Yes, i am indeed using the default power supply...so the batteries shouldn't technically matter -- but i did put new duracells in it to no avail. how do i test for polarity?

BigCdaAnswer3 posted on Mar 17 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
Yes, i am indeed using the default power supply...so the batteries shouldn't technically matter -- but i did put new duracells in it to no avail. how do i test for polarity?

actually cycling the power supply did it...what kind of batteries would one recommend..(i know rechargeable but any specific brands, etc)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use energizer 2500's and they work pretty well, but I've read on these boards that some people can get 6 hours out of a pair of their batteries (which I definitely don't), but I don't know what type of batteries they use....

Back