Gp2X Wont Power On.

ROM-KING

Still Fresh
Hi all! I am new to the GP2X,my name is Owen.

I bought a GP2X,all working fine,but now it wont power on at all, not sure why... :(

Any help here would be appreciated... B)

Thanks.

Are you using batteries or power supply?

Have you checked that the batteries aren't dead? Remember GP2X eats batteries like there's no tomorrow.

Have you tried brand new batteries? Ensure that you get high Mah value batteries.

Have you got the power supply polarity right? IIRC the tip should be set to -'ve (but don't quote me on that!) And check that you have the right power setting too.

Check all of the above and then get back to us if it still doesn't work.

Check your batteries' contacts are touching the GP2X's metal tabs. I had to carve away some of the plastic around the GP2X terminals so that my new rechargables would make contact.

Hi thanks for your replies.

Yes I have checked the batteries,I have been using rechargeable ones as I found out that the GP2X does use a lot of power! but still no joy,also my power adapter will no longer power it on either.

So I am a bit stuck on this one.... :(

Might be worth cleaning the battery contacts - short rub with some wire wool and alcohol may clean them up.

Rechargable batteries don't last forever - try some new ones (as mentione high Mah - 2500+ if possible).

It's not looking too good if all the above has failed. :(

iprice said:
Might be worth cleaning the battery contacts - short rub with some wire wool and alcohol may clean them up.

Rechargable batteries don't last forever - try some new ones (as mentione high Mah - 2500+ if possible).

It's not looking too good if all the above has failed. :(

All above has failed...:-(

Last edited by a moderator:
just to clarify, "won't power" means you move the switch, and neither the LED nor the screen shows any light or life sign?

what was the last thing that that gp2x did when it was still alive? last time was using the power adaptor? (sometimes the plug hole gets stuck, try pluging-unpluging some times quickly)

has it been long time without being used?

if nothing works, open it up and see it there's voltage at both sides of the power switch, and in the ac adaptor hole with a multimeter.(if there is, the it's dead for good)

Back