Gp2X Wiz - Web Browser

GP2X-INT

Still Fresh
Hi Everyone,
We are almost done with the Wiz adaptor for the Wifi.
I would like to ask if we open a competition for Wiz - Web Browser would it work?
If there are lots of people who would like to participate then we will think about prizes.
The prizes will be announced officially.
But first of all I would need your opinion for the Web Browser.

Also I have opened a site at FaceBook.
Just personal not official,
If you can visit when you have time, this is made for people who doesnt know about our products.
Emulator Games
Check it out and please give me advice if there is anything wrong happening.

Also our company name has been changed from
Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd to GPH Co., Ltd

Thank you and Best Regards

I think *anything* you can do that will bring attention to the Wiz is positive right now - so put me down for a definite *yes*!

BTW, can't wait to get the adapter for my Wiz .. hope it ships soon! It will make my interest in developing for the Wiz raise a great deal ..

This is great news!! Can you give any information regarding the dimensions of the device?

GP2X-INT said:
Hi Everyone,
We are almost done with the Wiz adaptor for the Wifi.
I would like to ask if we open a competition for Wiz - Web Browser would it work?
If there are lots of people who would like to participate then we will think about prizes.
The prizes will be announced officially.
But first of all I would need your opinion for the Web Browser.

Also I have opened a site at FaceBook.
Just personal not official,
If you can visit when you have time, this is made for people who doesnt know about our products.
Emulator Games
Check it out and please give me advice if there is anything wrong happening.

Also our company name has been changed from
Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd to GPH Co., Ltd

Mr. Han...I bet you that you'll avoid my question...but I'll ask you it anyway...

Why do you have a TV out cable available to you, but won't sell it to us?

Last edited by a moderator:
w00t? prebuilt wifi adaptor? thats pretty good news! what would the competition theme be? building/making a webbrowser?

The dimensions of mine are irrelevant : http://drop.io/scachidev :p
A browser would be cool.

i would like to participate. But i think a browser is a complicated matter, and i wonder if there isnt a better way to get one. Some kind of collaboration, or very carefully discribed bounty.

Or if the price-money is high enough, who knows.

I am looking very much forward to the wifi module! :)

GPH thoughts:

"We haven't an euro/dollar/penny/won to make a web browser to use with our WIFI dongle.

Then let's plan a Web Browser Competition so someone will create a browser for us (without any hw documentation or support or other).

Prize/Reward: the great honor that developed software will be used on the Wiz. "

[/devil off]  :ph34r:

It looks like multiplayer gaming's coming soon:

m3_game13_10.jpg

Image taken from here: http://www.globalgph.com/m3/sub11.php

Cheers, Neil :)

Awesome!

It's about time this thing will get released. I didn't even think it would come out anymore, so I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

I thought this will never happen so I have started to write an wireless configuration tool based on SDL widgets already.
It looks like I can discard this one now.

Does that mean we can finally have MMMORPG games and online games for the Wiz?

foody said:
Does that mean we can finally have MMMORPG games and online games for the Wiz?
There aren't really any, but if TibiaME could be run in a Java Virtual Machine with WiFi enabled, that'd be one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,
This look great!
Now let me get back to work~! :)
When I have the necessary information for the Contest I will give you better information.

Someone asked for the TV Out.
The reason we are not selling it is because some of the part of the frame gets cut when it is shown in the TV.
We are trying to make it so it gets fixed but it is not that easy,
As our Dev Team are working on for the Wifi, They do not have enough time for the TV Out.
But I can assure that you can make one if you have a 24 PIN Cable and the AV Connector.

If anybody is interested I can show you how to make it.
It is not a problem for me but after you have seen the problem dont complain :)

What is that menu thing that opened when you clicked the launcher? What version of opera is that? Looks like some minimal desktop... but if you have opera already, do you really think someone here can make a better browser?

Edit: I'm talking about the video, which may not be apparent.

Back