Gp2X Wiz Need Some Help

theanswer183rd

Still Fresh
ive been searching all over the web for the d-pad rubber padding for my wiz i cant seem to find someone selling one.Im looking for this piece mainly because my down button on the left d-pad acts if its the right button.The piece of rubber in the middle of the d-pad broke off in this pic it shows what im saying
jk7kb8.jpg
if any one has a spare i don't mind buying it from u

This is probably the Wiz's biggest issue IMO, What I did was swap the the Button(A,X,Y,B) rubber over to the Dpad and used an old Dingoo rubber for the Wiz buttons. I did have to do so trimming and adjusting but it has worked great and the chances of the buttons ever wearing out are practically nil because the dingoo rubber is much more durable. Now keep your old Dpad rubber and if any other spots wear out just cut out the bad spot and splice in (with glue) a good part from the spare dpad rubber. You should be able to find a spare part for a dingoo as they used to sell them.., or just go around and find old gamepads and try to find a rubber that fits.

im gonna have to say i love u xD im def gonna try doing this ty very much p.s do u think a 360 remote d-pad would work?

I'm not sure what works and what does not but all i can say is don't worry about it fixing the dpad is totally doable, just TAKE YOUR TIME when you pull the Wiz apart and put it together , it will probly be some trial and error to get stuff to work right and get the right feel, just be careful not to force anything and break something unrelated..

Maybe better yet, just cut off part of the rubber Cross of the dpad and glue a similar part to the cross to keep as much of the original rubber as possible.., just brainstorming..

Or cut off the select/start and splice it to the bad part and replace the select/start with something else, that might be better as the select/start button is not as important to get the original feel..

Back