Gp2x Wiz For Sale, East Coast - Usa

TheYorkGuy

Still Fresh
I pre-ordered it almost 6 months ago and totally forgot about it. I had since gotten another one and this showed up a few days ago. I have no need for 2 of them, i'm willing to let it go cheaper than i got it. I'm hoping to get at least $160 for it, I'll add $5 for shipping to the continental US. Asking for PayPal payment in advance, helps keep all parties honest.

Username posted on May 19 2009 at 03:04 AM said:
And this would be for a Wiz? I didn't think it was out yet.
Yes it's absolutely out now, i can send a pic of me holding it, powered up, if that helps me sell it :) I actually tried to get it on Ebay but they pulled my auction and said the device is not allowed to be sold there. They claim it "encourages piracy", i didn't push the issue but don't VCR's encourage the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!
Encourages piracy.
Does Johnny Depp fall into that category as well?

eBay was once fun way back like 10 years ago when it was that nice French term I'll butcher la say fair.

:ph34r:

Ebay pulled a Wiz auction? That sucks man. You have to be careful with your descriptions - I know you can't sell a PSP on there if you mention it has custom firmware.

TheYorkGuy posted on May 18 2009 at 10:33 PM) [quote="Username posted on May 19 2009 at 03:04 AM said:
Yes it's absolutely out now, i can send a pic of me holding it, powered up, if that helps me sell it :"] I actually tried to get it on Ebay but they pulled my auction and said the device is not allowed to be sold there. They claim it "encourages piracy", i didn't push the issue but don't VCR's encourage the same...[/quote]Since there are plenty of gp2x's for sale there it's a lot more believeable that it was something said in your advertisement.

Sphinxter posted on May 20 2009 at 01:35 AM said:
Since there are plenty of gp2x's for sale there it's a lot more believeable that it was something said in your advertisement.
I mentioned nothing about emulation, or even games for that matter. I called it a "portable entertainment device", it warned me before listing that it would be reviewed by the "copyright enforcement team" before being listed. I blew through the screen and took a shot, obviously some people got through (i did see a few in completed auctions but none current). Anyway, enough Ebay bashing, does anyone want to buy this thing? Make a reasonable offer and I'll probably let it go...

I believe that I can Buy this without having to trade, Will you accept a Bank transfer, or the money Mailed in advance via fedex, Because I don't have Paypal and am not looking to get it.

This has been sold, not sure how to remove the thread so i wanted to let you all know i no longer have the Wiz for sale.

TheYorkGuy posted on May 19 2009 at 05:33 AM) [quote="Username posted on May 19 2009 at 03:04 AM said:
Yes it's absolutely out now, i can send a pic of me holding it, powered up, if that helps me sell it :"] I actually tried to get it on Ebay but they pulled my auction and said the device is not allowed to be sold there. They claim it "encourages piracy", i didn't push the issue but don't VCR's encourage the same...[/quote]Hmm, don't PCs "encourage piracy"? How many PCs have bootleg software and or music loaded on them?

I would bet the percentage is pretty high and a PC has allot more disk space to hold lots of "warez". Has ebay banned PCs yet?

Username posted on May 19 2009 at 03:04 AM said:
Yes it's absolutely out now, i can send a pic of me holding it, powered up, if that helps me sell it :"] I actually tried to get it on Ebay but they pulled my auction and said the device is not allowed to be sold there. They claim it "encourages piracy", i didn't push the issue but don't VCR's encourage the same...
Hmm, don't PCs "encourage piracy"? How many PCs have bootleg software and or music loaded on them?

I would bet the percentage is pretty high and a PC has allot more disk space to hold lots of "warez". Has ebay banned PCs yet?[/quote]Things that encourage piracy:

Every connection to the internet
Harddrives
Blank CDs
CD burners
Blank DVDs
DVD burners
SD cards
Flash drives
PCs
Cameras
Video Cameras
Tape Recorders
ANYTHING that records from a line-in source
Mixing Boards
GP2X
GP32
GP2XW
Scanners
CD Drives (they allow you to READ data from a source containing copywritten material, music, video, and games.)
Floppy disks (Don't copy that floppy!)
Floppy drives
Soldering irons
Serial Cables
Books on programming
Bluray discs and burners
TV-Tuner cards
Microphones
Radios
Reading glasses
Batteries
Any and all electrical components, including but not limited to:
capacitors
resistors
transistors
solid-state relays
etc.

So you see, ebay is yet another company completely bent on removing all free knowledge from the face of the universe.

For the record, the wiz website does advertise emulators -.-;

Back