Gp2x-sim: A Samcoupé Emulator For Gp2x V1.0.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xsim-snap-v101.jpg

SimCoupe emulates a SAM Coupe - an 8-bit, Z80-based home computer
released in 1989 by Miles Gordon Technology.
For more information on the machine itself, including history
and technical specification you can go on http://www.simcoupe.org

Originally developed for UNIX and DOS systems by Allan Skillman,
it has been then improved and ported to SDL by Simon Owen, Dave Laundon.
[cut]
GP2X-SIm is a port of the CVS version 0.90 beta 4 of SamCoupe.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

You can download it on archive.gp32.de :
here

Enjoy,

Zx.[/cut]

Fantastic, do you ever sleep zx-81 :blink:

I have been waiting for a sam emulator but didn't think anybody would be bothered to port one, as it was a little known 8bit that never really took off. Shame, as it was a great computer but could have done with been released a couple of years earlier.

Thank you for this, i'm downloading now :)

I don't suppose you have any plans to port a Dragon 32 emulator aswell, do you?

:D

You sir are a machine, how many emulators is that in the last fortnight? 6? 7? I've lost count.

I have always been slightly interested in the Sam Coupé from when my Speccy owning mate was dreaming of getting one in the late 80's, showing me pictures in a mag and such.

I am going to have to dust the GP2X off from where ever I put it.

Cheers.

thanks :). This version is not fullspeed, on PSP i had to overclock it a 333Mhz to get the right speed. May be using frame skipping it could be good enough.

im just wondering\ hopping if you could have a look at the Atari st emulator and the Amiga emulator too ...there so awkward to use that i have only managed to get 2 games on the Amiga and none on the Atari st to work...any help would be a godsend.....

I have always been slightly interested in the Sam Coupé from when my Speccy owning mate was dreaming of getting one in the late 80's, showing me pictures in a mag and such.

Would this mag have been Crash by any chance??

I do remember the ads shown there and they also did a feature on the Sam Coupe (including having some Sam Coupe demos on the later Powertapes!)

namco said:
Would this mag have been Crash by any chance??

I do remember the ads shown there and they also did a feature on the Sam Coupe (including having some Sam Coupe demos on the later Powertapes!)

I remember the magazine article vaguely, and I believe this is it: here. I remember that the bloke in the text was writing the manual, so it must have been this. I also remember the Loony Tunes screen grab. Would never have even looked if you hadn't said Crash!

Will probably buy a Sam Coupé off ebay in the future but for now more interested in this!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
euro48k said:
better volume control please :)

nice to have a "pocket-sam"
thankyou zx81
i will put the same control volume as my latest gp2x-thom release (it's a bit easier to use, you don't have to press the sound key thousand times lol).

Wow a Sam Coupè emulator. That brings back memories. I still have mine in a box somewhere in the spare room of old stuff with a load of Fred magazine disks.

Sam Basic was easy to write programs for and I was the first person to have a cheat for the Sam printed in Crash magazine (for Prince of Persia).

I even wrote an on the fly disk compression routine (patching into Sam DOS) using lzw compression. I never released it because the original writers of the lzw compression technique decided to start charging for licences to use their compression method.

Ah Memories. :)

Back