Gp2x Memory Card Problem

darkpikachu02

Still Fresh
I am having problems with the GP2X accessing my memory card. It isn't even reading the preloaded games on the on board memory. I have been putting stuff on the card with a USB 2.0 card reader. My laptop computer is a Celeron 2.0 gigahertz running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 and 256 megabytes of memory. This is the memory card that I am using:
Impact 1 GB SD Card:
0065059014150_150X150.jpg

Any help would be great.
Ben

but try reformatting the card if you haven't already.

if that doesn't solve it:

do you have any other cards you can try out? when my last card went, it worked fine in on my computer and in my card reader, but not in the 2x. it turned out to be a physical problem because i had to hold it funny to get it to work on the computer. then the plastic casing split open.

as for the nand, you can check the contents of the user area by doing a usb connection from the menu, and you can check the entire linux filesystem by getting the rndis driver here and again connecting usb, but this time creating a subnet for what will now show up as a new network connection, and telnet into your gp2x. if you've never played around with your network settings then it may sound complicated but it's very easy, really.

do the built-in games show up when there's no sd card in there?

if the gp2x boots fine, and you can select the icons for photo/video/e-book viewers then you probably don't have any issues that getting a new sd card won't solve. but try formatting the card first.

Back