Gp2x Joystick Problem

HacknKill

Still Fresh
If I try to press left or left down on my joystick, it seems to be quite hard to get it to work. I can go in any other direction effortless, but when it comes to left, I have to press fairly hard to get it to respond.

Is this a noted bug of the GP2X?

grahf posted on Dec 28 2005 at 04:27 PM said:
Is it new? Mine had a very finicky right at first. After a few days it complety went away.

It is new, had it since Monday.

Another problem I had was with the screen cover they sent me, it was scratched really bad

Last edited by a moderator:
mat_basset posted on Dec 28 2005 at 04:38 PM said:
try twisting the joystick around a slight bit

fix'd, thanks yo...just need a new screen cover

Your screen cover has a very slight piece/layer of cellophane on it. Pick at the edges until it comes free and your screen will look lovely.

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 28 2005 at 04:56 PM said:
the screen isn't pre-scratched, it comes with a thin film covering. Peal at the edges to get it off.
That's what we done, it was scratched

It seems as this joystick is a microswitche package, so its not uncommon for it to need a little working in. I was a little dissapointed in mine at first, but now it feels perfectly fine to me. I want to order a spare one and take it apart out of curiosity, but im not in the UK.
The carbon pad switches on most console style D pads are a little better out of the box.

Back